We're looking for a Sr. Database Engineer/Administrator wanting to join a tight knit team who appreciates your contributions and efforts! Bring your desire to learn and work with a team interested in growing your skills!
- Perform SQL and NoSQL database development (analyze, design, implement, test and deploy) for geospatial and business intelligence applications (ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise architecture)
- Work with system & software engineers to analyze Customer operations and applications in order to specify data operations and database requirements
- Evaluate emerging technologies IAW Customer operational objectives and requirements to recommend new database design and solutions
- Design, document, and implement solutions for instance monitoring, maintenance, backup, replication, etc.
- Proactively identify and work on database enhancements to further improve system performance as well as maintain the health of existing database systems
- Support the installation and configuration of database systems within Customer’s enterprise architecture
- Support and maintain data and database systems to ensure the recoverability of all production data for operational and business continuity needs
At Leidos, we strive to provide engaging careers, a collaborative culture and work to improve the lives of our employees to develop a thriving workplace.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- Current DoD TS/SCI security clearance
- BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS Spatial Database design and implementation highly desirable
- MS SQL Server database experience required
- Expert knowledge in developing and designing databases and data models
- Expert knowledge of performance tuning stored procedures and indexing
- Expert problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Experience creating and modifying stored procedures
- Experience creating and modifying tables, views, and functions
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging
- Basic knowledge of operating systems and systems administration concepts
- Attention to detail and the ability to work autonomously.
- Experience or desire to learn about big data concepts and architectures (e.g. Elastic) and Amazon Web Services RDS is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.