The Origin program is seeking an experienced Communications Security (COMSEC) Engineer to join their team. The role provides the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment, providing full life-cycle IT support across numerous customer systems. The COMSEC Engineer will implement COMSEC policies and procedures, ensuring the protection of the organization’s information systems from unauthorized access or use. The successful candidate should have hands-on experience configuring and keying COMSEC devices as well as a solid understanding of networking equipment and information security. The candidate should also have strong organizational skills, be attentive to detail, and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Primary Responsibilities are the COMSEC Engineer on the Origin program performs the following duties:
- Adheres to the customer’s COMSEC policies and procedures and ensures user compliance of said requirements
- Configures and installs crypto hardware; troubleshoots issues as they arise, providing quick resolution to diminish user downtime
- Maintains the health and wellness of crypto devices currently in operations, minimizing downtime to users during operational maintenance periods
- Maintains and protects keying and other COMSEC materials
- Updates keying material per customer designated timeframes
- Documents and tracks all devices and materials across multiple accounts and multiple systems
- Demonstrates accountability of all devices and materials during yearly audits
- Provides COMSEC Custodian training to teammates and stakeholders
- Coordinates with Customers, teammates, and users to maintain compliance with all security standards and maintain deployment schedules
- Collaborates, supports, and offers advice to the customer in technical matters related to the organization’s overall mission
- CONUS travel, as required, for installations, troubleshooting, and maintenance activities
- Must have a TS/SCI with poly to be considered
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in an IT related field with at least 4 years of prior COMSEC or other security-related experience
- Knowledge of current crypto devices/methods as well as COMSEC principles and practices
- Ability to implement processes and maintain administrative documentation
- Knowledge and basic understanding of network transport devices that are attached to the encryption devices (examples: routers, switches, firewalls)
- Knowledge and basic understanding of information security practices and devices
- Interest in developing network engineering skill set
- Strong collaboration and customer service skills
- Ability to develop and present briefings to customers and convey technical messages to non-IT individuals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing situations
- Self-starter with ability to work independently as well as in team environments
- Preference given to candidates who can demonstrate basic networking, information security, or system administration skills in addition to their previous COMSEC duties
- Ability to successfully pass a customer medical screening
- Experience in network and network security design where under general direction, manages the design, installation and support of LAN/WAN based networks and security components such as routers, switches and firewalls, and datacenter equipment
- Ability to solve complex engineering problems
- Implemented innovative ideas to solve customer challenges
- IT Certifications such as A+, CCNA, CCNP, Security +, CISSP, etc.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.