Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The NISC III program at Leidos is seeking an Alaska Region Safety Initiative Project Manager to directly support the Federal Aviation Administration Regional Office in Anchorage, AK.
This Project Manager will support the FAA Regional Administrator with outreach efforts and provide research, coordination, and formulation of potential initiatives to support improved aviation safety across the State of Alaska. This position will closely interact with stakeholders at all levels of government and industry, within the state and within the agency to facilitate the creation and implementation of safety standards for the Alaskan airspace.
Specific duties for this position include:
- Interact with high-level stakeholders with the FAA, NTSB, State of Alaska, Industry, and other government agencies to research, gather, organize, and catalog pertinent historical and background information.
- Prepare and make formal presentations to all level of stakeholders in support of safety initiatives impacting Alaskan air travel.
- Maintain a Project Implementation Schedule with necessary milestones.
- Provide coordination between all stakeholders
- Collect and collate data for the FAASI across FAA Lines of Businesses including the Office of Airports (ARP), the Air Traffic Organization (ATO), and the Office of Aviation Safety (AVS).
- Provide research, technical writing and draft reports.
- Identify and index all technical documents, orders, reports and other sources of information relied on or cited to by the workgroup in preparation of any draft or recommendation.
- Distribute and track draft documents within the working groups.
- Provide an economic impact, cost, and funding quantitative analysis for workgroup-prioritized evaluations.
- Prepare Preliminary Draft Comprehensive Internal FAA Inventory and Proposal for Enhancing Aviation Safety in Alaska.
- Bachelors degree and 12+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Knowledge of and experience with NAS systems and terminology.
- Knowledge of Alaska aviation industry and challenges.
- Knowledge of FAA air traffic control procedure.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.