Leidos is searching for Sr. Maximo Developer to join a small team supporting a cloud hosted enterprise Maximo implementation for multiple programs supporting DHS and TSA. In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with our team to maintain and operate our systems. Help automate and streamline our operations and processes. Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments. Gather user requirements and documents functional and technical specifications as needed. Create thorough system documentation. Support team members and end users with both technical expertise and training. This position utilizes in-depth knowledge of Maximo best practices and their own experience to provide and improve services. This position will work independently and is expected to be able to operate with minimal guidance. Necessary skills include software and systems development, test and evaluation, configuration and release management, data management, IT security, service desk, operations and maintenance functions, and supporting business process engineering services for the portfolio. This position is remote so the successful candidate will be able to work in that environment.
- Works as part of team to provide evaluation of system requirements, architectures, models, designs and release/deployment plans. Assess the operational and functional baselines and its supporting systems.
- Documents system architecture and associated designs by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
- Provide enhancements or improvements to systems by studying current workflows and designs and determining inefficiencies.
- Maintain system protocols, architecture , requirements and associated design documents by enforcing traceability, updating procedures, analyzing system and program changes
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Support configuration management, quality assurance, and cybersecurity throughout the release cycle in a DevSecOps environment.
- Participate in the development of action plans to remedy findings from assessments, work with system development teams to remediate findings and when required provide solutions to system teams.
- Assist in IT Service Desk and troubleshooting to quickly resolve issues for end users including direct support via telephone.
- Demonstrated experience in a FedRAMP (or other secured Cloud) environment and experience with AWS is required.
- Experience with Oracle is a requirement.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity requirements
- Planning and implementing upgrades and maintenance activities ·
- Resolution of problems reported or discovered, to include root cause analysis development and reporting
- Achieving required performance measures as defined in program Service Level Agreements and Statements of Work
- Experience in practical application of lifecycle system engineering for Maximo
- Coordinate gathering of business requirements, perform software development, system testing and implementation of IBM Maximo software components and modules.
- Providing application development, system administration and support for Maximo applications, and maintaining patch levels and hotfixes and troubleshooting software bugs and end user system issues.
- Supporting implementation of new functionality in Maximo including version upgrades and addition of new modules.
- Develop and troubleshoot integrations in Maximo Integration Framework to integrate key enterprise-wide systems
- Developments reports using Maximo Business Intelligence Reporting (BIRT) and Cognos Analytics.
- Administration of Maximo in a high availability environment.
- Gathers and documents user requirements and functional/technical specifications for software solutions as needed
- Participates in developing standards for application development.
- Provides system training to end users/system owners
- Ability to work as part of an integrated team while remaining self-disciplined on task execution.
- Strong focus on the mission including direct customer support.
- Experience and expertise in the following operating systems and other COTS products:
- RedHat Linux
- IBM Products : WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal, Maximo
- Oracle Enterprise and Standard Databases, Oracle WebLogic
- AWS Infrastructure and Platform service offerings (VPC, EC2, EBS, ELB, S3, and RDS. (AWS certification a plus)
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adjust schedule to meet program needs. Some evening, weekend work will be required.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen and able to obtain DHS or TSA vetting
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8+ years of professional experience. Direct experience may substitute for years of education on a one for one basis.
- Active DHS/TSA Public Trust
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:ADP1 / IT2
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.