The Mission Support Operation is currently soliciting an experienced Human Language Technology (HLT) Specialist/Computational Linguist (CL) to support a language services contract supporting an Intelligence Community customer in the National Capital Region (NCR). HLT specialists should have experience working with human language technologies, programming, machine translation, translation memory, and terminology management.
The HLT Specialist/CL will support the use of HLT for collection, ingest, triage, and translation. They will help identify and prioritize work to be performed on the program. The successful candidate will interpret user HLT requirements and create solutions that improve efficiency and maintain quality and consistency. The candidate, working with other IT specialists, will integrate HLT into workflows and processes with approximately 100 users.
The HLT Specialist/CL will specify, design, develop, and support user-oriented implementations of various HLT applications, including but not limited to: automated machine translation, speech recognition, computer-assisted translation (CAT) tools. The developer will respond directly to user requirements from the program, which provides monitoring and translation services of a wide variety of media. The successful candidate will develop solutions that surface rich archives of processed data, daily/hourly workflow changes, productivity tools, and customer-facing dashboards. The candidate may also be asked to assist to administer the various cloud services serving the workforce of approximately 100 users.
The HLT Specialist/Computational Linguist will have knowledge and experience with:
- HLT, including CAT, Machine Translation, Optical Character Recognition, and Speech-to-Text tools
- Supporting applications that enable multilingual data input
- Python, Java or other high-level language software development
- gathering user requirements to improve work processes and customer services
- networking, security, including VPNs and firewalls hosted in the cloud
- Designing and developing applications and workflow solutions
- Troubleshooting item delivery and workflow problems, escalating to IT staff and vendors as required
- User support for developed and deployed HLT solutions
- Assisting users with the use of PC tools and improving user documentation
- Five years of experience working with HLT
- BA degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Experience in timely support of HLT issues
- Ability to create and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the use of HLT
- Three years of experience with Python or other high-level language software development
- Strong knowledge of HTTP, HTML, REST, XML, and Unicode data processing
- Experience with developing and deploying web browser-based applications
- Review results generated by tools to assess their accuracy and effectiveness
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Proficient English language writing and speaking skills
- Experience working with foreign languages
- Ability to work independently and as a contributor to a virtual team
- Self-starter with curious mindset and desire to solve problems and learn new skills
- Strong organizational skills, time-management skills, attention to detail, and strong initiative
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal formats for a variety of audiences
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
- Experience with integrating HLT cloud services, administration, and troubleshooting
- Experience with NLP application development and/or training machine learning models
- Experience with Workflow engine integration or Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Language proficiency in a non-English language
- Able to adapt schedule to meet customer demands. Weekend and after-hours availability
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in computational linguistics, linguistics, or programming
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.