Leidos has an opening for a Senior Payroll Specialist to join our Corporate Payroll team. Our Corporate Payroll team handles complex union, federal contracting standards, expatriates, and other special pay situations for US based employees on missions around the world. In this role, you will be responsible to ensure that all employees receive on-time paychecks and serve as a trusted partner on a team of payroll specialists to achieve timely and accurate results.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Process multi-state payroll information for 30,000 employees.
- Comply and adhere to multiple payroll policies and procedures.
- Evaluate, develop recommendations, document processes, and implement approved changes in the processing of payroll.
- Communicate issues and participates in problem resolution/escalation processes.
- Process complex payroll functions; such as, ensure that payroll files have been received from internal business partners and processed for timely payment to employees.
- Calculate, compile and complete accurate and timely transfer of pay information and adjustments for payroll processing.
- Calculate miscellaneous pay components in compliance to federal, state, and/or, local tax policies.
- Serve as point of escalation to assist employees, and other internal stakeholders with questions, concerns, comments in a timely manner.
- Serve as subject matter experts on multiple payroll topics.
- Conduct specialized research into issues and provide recommendations for payroll processing and outputs.
- Review, coordinate and submit timely manual check requests including sensitive matters such as termination cases.
- Review manual check log and ensure pertinent issues are resolved.
- Assist with wage audits (e.g. DCAA, Internal Audit, Benefits, agency, federal, state, etc.).
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Oversee and review overpayment payroll matters.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays (as needed) in order to assure payroll processing is completed by deadlines.
- High school diploma/GED with minimum 6 years of payroll processing experience is required.
- Previous payroll experience should include processing multi-state payroll for 10,000 employees or more.
- Must have experience with payroll systems such as ADP, Ultipro, etc. Preference will be given to those with Ultipro experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 10 – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to work and manage payroll tasks independently and with high judgement using payroll background
- Work well under pressure.
- Deadline driven, organized, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize work independently.
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- Ability to process accounting functions and formulas in Microsoft Office suite is preferred.
- Experience with unions payroll, garnishments, and/or expat (international employee) payroll processing.
- CPP certification is preferred.
- Proficiency with Ultipro is a plus.
- Ability to understand internal payroll controls.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Pay Range:Pay Range $38,350.00 - $59,000.00 - $79,650.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.