Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The Leidos Civil Treasury team is recruiting for a Cyber Technical Team Lead. This role represents the engineering support group supporting CSIRC Operations and CSIRC Emerging Threats Team (ETT) in the areas of infrastructure maintenance and tools integration, development, and enhancement. The team lead provides leadership, technical direction, and guidance to a Cyber technical team of primarily senior professionals in support of a large government SOC. The Cyber Technical Team will be part of a fast-paced, high-functioning SOC team performing critical work for an important customer organization.
- Directs and reviews the work of team who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments. Mentors junior members;
- Investigates computer and information security incidents to determine extent of compromise to information and automated information systems, provides computer forensic and intrusion support to high technology investigations in the form of computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, data recovery, and network assessments;
- Ideates and implements new and innovative technological solutions to protect customer’s assets, data, and people;
- Maintain a deep understanding in security trends, platforms, and emerging offerings spanning all mediums (mobile, desktop, cloud, network, and infrastructure);
- Works in partnership with team and customers to devise and implement technology-led growth strategies across the customer Cybersecurity domain;
- Analyzes, designs, develops, and delivers solutions that are built to stop adversaries and strengthen client operations;
- Technical expert in all foundational applications of information technology (e.g. networking, computing, application development, virtual infrastructure, mobile, and edge computing) and full command of technical and non-technical aspects of cybersecurity (e.g. operations; applicable laws, regulations, policies and ethics related to cyber);
- Engages with executive and managerial leadership in the customer organizations;
- Stay abreast of capabilities in security and related technologies and offerings (e.g. agile, digital, platforms, analytics, AI/ML, RPA, etc.) and works with teams to apply the knowledge to the customer domain; and
- Leads the team in developing new products, processes, standards or operational plans in support of the project.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Cyber Security, Intelligence Analysis or related field, or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading teams and 12 years of progressively responsible experience working in a SOC;
- Research and maintain proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer network vulnerabilities, data hiding and network security and encryption;
- Expertise in federal cybersecurity initiatives, guidelines, policies, and core cybersecurity frameworks;
- Exceptional communicator with experience briefing and leading engagements with leadership and SES-level government leaders; and in technical writing; and
- Must have at least one of the following certification or a comparable certification:
- CERT Certified Computer Security Incident Handler
- ECC CEH (Electronic Commerce Council Certified Ethical Hacker)
- GCIH (GIAC Certified Incident Handler)
- GISF (GIAC Information Security Fundamentals)
- CISSP (ISC2 Certified Information System Security Professional)
- SCNP (Security Certified Network Professional)
- SCNA (Security Certified Network Architect)
- Experience managing or operationally responsible for a FISMA high system.
- Must be US Citizen or Green card holder
- Minimum fully adjudicated Secret and Interim Top Secret clearance
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.