Are you looking for a key role in a high growth software engineering opportunity to design, development and maintain python services that interface with a large Elasticsearch cluster while pushing the performance of that cluster to new heights? Join our highly technical team of developers, designers and engineers on the DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P), a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that will provide cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members.
Be our next Data Pipeline Software Engineer working in either Bethesda, MD or Reston, VA. Use your Python, Linux, Bash, DevOps and Elasticsearch skills which rests at the core of the system and help us push it to the extreme to exceed system and customer expectations!
Fun stuff you will be doing on the job:
- Collaborate and work with a diverse group of engineers in developing solutions for ingesting heterogeneous datasets in large volumes
- Develop python code following our coding and unit testing standards
- Help with troubleshooting and fixing issues in ingest and processing
- Understand the dependencies and integration points
- Configure, fine tune, test, troubleshoot code related to Elasticsearch clusters and environments
- Work with infrastructure and architecture team to plan resources and continuously optimize the infrastructure and configuration of Elasticsearch to ensure a healthy and high-performance production deployment
This is you:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8 years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree with 6 years of relevant experience or 4 years of additional years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's Degree
- Must have a Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Polygraph
- 5+ years experience with Python, Linux/Bash
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with writing or maintaining code using Elasticsearch
- Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps and CI/CD implementation
- Experience with JIRA, Git repo and Confluence
You will wow us if you have these skills:
- Experience with Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with scaling Elasticsearch clusters to meet growth
- Experience with monitoring Elasticsearch cluster health and developing solutions to mitigate risks of performance and Service-level Agreements (SLAs)
- Experience with Elasticsearch mapping
- Experience with Elasticsearch Query DSL
- Experience with other database systems (Relational / Graph / NoSQL) and data models
- Experience with JSON, or Java
- Experience with automation tools such as Salt
- Experience with Kibana in developing visualizations/dashboards and conducting analyses
- Experience with Kubernetes and its management platforms such as Rancher
- Elastic Certified Engineer
- Experience with Agile software development (Scrum, SAFe)
- Experience working with a highly technical team and in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Willing to dive into new code, diagnose issues, relay them to teams for fixing.
- Self-motivated and self-starter
- Very good communication skills
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.