Leidos is looking for a Continual Improvement Manager to support a critical program to modernize a Defense Health Agency’s IT infrastructure to provide a standardized, robust, and highly available global infrastructure and enterprise core services, scoped from end-user desktop to data center, while adhering to the cost containment and operational efficiencies. The resultant IT infrastructure and operations framework will support a global data communications network, and enterprise services infrastructure, including data center(s), server hosting, and end-user platform capabilities enabling more than 150K military personnel to support the continuum of health services.
The successful candidate will drive Continual Service Improvement (CSI) activities for Leidos across the Integrated Service Providers, and manages the effort for the Continual Improvement practice.
- Baseline historical process performance.
- Align the program practices with the derived and expected value of the customer’s mission.
- Responsible for the ongoing service improvement activities within the service delivery lifecycle looking for opportunities to improve the performance of services.
- Define, design, and implement a Service Performance Management Framework to enable the consistent measurement of team and service effectiveness.
- Support the performance of Gap Analyses - Review documentation & validate against what is done.
- Validate workflows, problem escalation rules, and roles.
- Plan and lead CSI activities.
- Establish & maintain transparent and respectful working relationships with Government & Incumbent leadership by site, team members, and Leidos representatives.
- Monitor and report on Service Delivery KPIs along with developing recommendations for improvement and/or change.
- Report CSI status.
- Monitor practices and processes to guide the implementation of compliance and improvement strategies.
- Utilize available information, metrics and evaluations to develop recommendations for change.
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 6+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Minimum 6 years of demonstrated experience managing the implementation and operation of ITSM processes aligned with ITIL framework.
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
- Understanding of key ITSM processes to ensure that they are consistently deployed, executed, and continuously improved in alignment with business requirements.
- Experience as a project manager on very large IT infrastructure programs encompassing multiple geographically dispersed locations and a mobile workforce
- Experience leading complex IT infrastructure consolidation and modernization efforts to achieve standardized, consistent and repeatable processes for delivery of IT services across the a large DoD agency enterprise and optimize use of shared resources
- Experience in planning and implementing managed services
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization and meeting with stakeholders to formulate, review, and execute task plans and deliverable items.
- Experience with DoD Cyber Security procedures.
- Experience applying the ITIL framework and best practices
- Experience presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must be US Citizen
- Master's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Experience managing firm fixed price task orders and performance-based contracts
- Knowledge of Health IT technology including Electronic Health Records.
- Experience with Service Desk support and operations
- ITIL v4 Foundation Certification
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Process
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.