The Leidos Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) Accelerator team is seeking you, our latest Research Scientist who has interest in embracing new technical challenges by imparting innovative solutions with a lens on AI. Be a part of a team that has regular technical interchanges and whiteboard session discussing latest AI/ML and signal processing trends, assist other Leidos teams with AI/ML innovation through prototypes, and representing Leidos within the broader AI/ML community all while working in the comfort of your own home.
Fun stuff you will be doing on the job:
- Design and articulate an AI/ML data science agenda that is consistent with that strategy and supports a large pipeline of opportunities for which these technologies are critical
- Demonstrate data science capabilities through prototypes, such as Python generated artifacts, highlighting strengths of weakness of an approach and avenues to scale for Enterprise support
- Develop a broad set of creative and innovative R&D concepts that address major and emerging AI/ML challenges and advance the state of the art in key areas of strategic importance to Leidos.
- Expand and enhance AI and ML strategy for a $10B+ Fortune 500 company with major markets in Defense, Intelligence, Civil, and Health.
- Work with potential sponsors (internal and/or external) to secure funding for new data analytic efforts based on those concepts.
- Communicate innovations and prototypes as means of collaborations with other scientists/engineers
This is you:
- Advanced degree in engineering, computer science or a related discipline, such as statistics or applied mathematics with 8 years of experience or 4 years of additional experience in lieu of degree
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
- National / international reputation in one or more subfields of ML or AI, including: Computer Vision; Pattern Recognition; Predictive Modeling and Decision Support; Computational Linguistics/Natural Language Processing; Speech Processing/ASR; Machine Translation; Adversarial ML; AI Assurance; Explainable AI; Knowledge Representation and Reasoning; Graph Processing/Graph Analytics
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of many areas of Machine Learning, including Deep Learning
- Ability to communicate effectively about ML with a broad range of audiences, from internal leaders to external customers and from sophisticated ML researchers to those with little or no relevant background
You will wow us if you have these skills:
- Hands-on experience with a broad range of deep learning tools (e.g., TensorFlow, Spark, Theano, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, Keras, Caffe, Nvidia Digits) and collaboration environments (e.g. Jupyter notebooks, PyCharm)
- Extensive experience with many of the following approaches: Statistical implementations, dynamic modeling using AI/ML, GANs, Autoencoders, Reinforcement Learning, Deep Learning (CNNs, RCNNs, LSTMs) Siamese Networks, Regression, SVMs, HMMs, CRFs, LDA
- Experience in designing solutions that optimize ML performance by through advanced HW and software
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.