The CIO Compliance Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior IT Project Manager to work in our Reston, VA office. In this role, the Senior IT Project Manager will be accountable for the end-to-end delivery of technology focused projects which support technology roadmaps and business needs.
This position will be responsible for all phases of project management – from definition and planning to execution and implementation. The Senior IT Project Manager will manage significant projects within the CIO Services team by leading the work of project team members, managing cost and schedule, serving as the liaison between the business and technical aspects of projects and monitoring progress to ensure milestones, budget targets and quality measures are met.
The Senior IT Project Manager is responsible for:
- Engaging directly with Stakeholders to identify initiatives and develop business cases
- Establishing and adhering to budgets, schedules and quality standards
- Proactively identifying and remediating risks, issues and dependencies, ensuring timely resolution
- Identifying project resource requirements and escalating resource constraints
- The creation and control of project plans, milestones, dependencies, critical paths, scope, budgets and other established project processes to ensure successful delivery in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Ensuring project status reporting is accurate and timely and required project deliverables meet quality and compliance standards
- Displaying strong leadership and collaboration skills in working with stakeholders and project team members to manage, inform and influence outcomes
- Managing multiple project initiatives simultaneously, demonstrating strong time management and prioritization skills
- Demonstrating ability to adapt to changing demands and work in a dynamic environment
- 8+ years of directly related professional experience managing full lifecycle IT projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Management or related field
- Solid understanding and experience in Waterfall, Scrum practices and SDLC
- Significant experience managing cross-functional technology projects simultaneously
- Action oriented; ability to adapt to change and implement quickly based on overall direction and project needs
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to resolve all situations in a professional manner
- Demonstrated experience with schedule management, resource management, issue management, risk management and scope management
- Strong leadership and accountability skills with a focus on delivering results
- Ability to manage conflict and drive resolution
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Experience managing SaaS projects
- Familiarization with:
- ServiceNow Demand and Project and Portfolio Management
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.