The Airborne Mission Sustainment Division has an opening for a Site Operations Manager supporting a manned ISR program headquartered in Manassas, VA with extensive OCONUS operations. The HR3DGI program is a complex, large scale Operations and Technology Integration program executed across multiple COCOMS. Leidos is sole executor for manned and unmanned ISR aircraft collecting, processing, and disseminating high-resolution 3D Geospatial data world-wide. The Site Operations Manager reports directly to our Director of Operations and maintains direct liaison with Government, Military, and other program representatives at assigned OCONUS locations. As a Site Operations Manager, you will be responsible for managing daily operations at your assigned OCONUS site, with areas of focus including on-site collection management, building requirements, military outreach, and data dissemination. You will lead a team of 20-25 deployed personnel, including direct-report Managers overseeing the Flight, Ground, and Technical Processing departments.
This is a deployed management position and pay is commensurate. This position is ideal for a leader who desires extended time off between deployments and who is willing to deploy for up to 120 days at a time. The Site Operations Manager only works while deployed, in training/deployment preparation status, or in the event of special meetings - all other times, the position is on leave without pay (LWOP). While occasional travel to HQ in Manassas, VA, may be required, relocation is not required.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage all aspects of a deployed airborne flight operations, collections, and processing operations on-site, including administration, aircraft maintenance, logistics, personnel welfare, facilities, communications, operational systems, and subcontracts with host nation vendors
- Efficiently and effectively coordinate and execute the planning, scope, development, design, and direction of daily operations.
- Maintain operational oversight of staff and equipment.
- Develop, improve, and implement operating procedures.
- Perform site audits for compliance with Government metrics, to include GFR audits via AR95-20/ 8210.1.C
- Team with Lead Pilots for Flight Operations Management.
- Enforce flight standards and regulatory compliance with programs Flight and Ground Operating procedure to ensure safety of flight
- Monitor and track flight status
- Work with CONUS Resource Managers for scheduling, logistics, procurement, pre-deployment coordination
- Effectively resolve problems and/or conflicts and maintain open communication with program management and customer.
- Timely and accurately submission and reporting of daily flight operations, intra-theatre requirements for flight while correctly prioritizing the nominations requirement.
- Develop site standup, shutdown, mobilization plans to include accurate lead times to brief customer and PMO staff.
- Provide reports and updates to CONUS and OCONUS staff.
- All other duties as required to ensure the responsiveness of the program.
- Active DoD Secret clearance or higher, and the ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8+ years of related experience or a Master’s Degree and 6+ years’ experience. Additional experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 2 years of direct experience in a management position with a focus on operations.
- Experience leading/ managing deployed or OCONUS teams.
- Ability to obtain a passport to travel internationally.
- Ability and willingness to deploy OCONUS, including to Hazard and Hardship locations, for at least 90 days at a time with 90-150 days off between deployments. OCONUS deployments require long periods of travel and non-regular work hours (standard schedule is 84 hours/week), at times with minimal notice.
- Ability to meet Program/contractual training and DoD medical examination requirements for deployment to any COCOM, including meeting the CONUS Replacement Center requirements (which include a deployment physical and immunizations).
- Knowledge of operational ISR airborne and geospatial collection systems.
- In-depth knowledge of military operations, organization, terminology and the execution of staff planning (Joint Military Decision Making Process) in a joint, combined and interagency environment.
- Ability to maintain operational knowledge of the airborne collection platforms and the technical capabilities of the Remote Sensing Payloads.
- Knowledge of flight and ground operating procedures and ability to manage deployed department leads to ensure daily 8210.1.c compliance.
- Proven communication skills to provide rapid and accurate feedback to the program management team and directly to the customer regarding the day to day operations of the site.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to effectively work with both internal and external stakeholders, ability to work independently or with minimal direction.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Special Operations Aviation or Aviation management experience
- Previous experience with ISR Operations
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:12 Hour Shift Pattern
Job Family:Geographic Information Systems
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.