Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The Leidos Civil Treasury team is recruiting for a Cyber Operations Team Lead.
This role will provide leadership, technical direction and guidance to a cybersecurity operations team supporting a large government SOC. Cyber Ops performs the first and second tier cyber security incident detection, analysis, and response support capabilities of the IRS. The Cyber Ops Team Lead will be part of a fast-paced, high-functioning SOC team performing critical work for an important customer organization.
- Team responsibilities encompass maintaining computer and information security incidents and damage and threat assessment programs;
- Investigate computer and information security incidents to determine extent of compromise to information and automated information systems;
- Provide computer forensic and intrusion support to high technology investigations in the form of computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, data recovery, network assessments, researching and maintaining proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, trends in computer network vulnerabilities, data hiding, and network security and encryption;
- Design, develop, or provide recommendations for integrated system solutions, ensuring proprietary/confidential data and systems are protected;
- Participate with the client in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into technical designs;
- Configure and validate secure systems, and test security products/systems to detect computer and information security weakness.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years of relevant and progressively responsible experience leading teams and working in a SOC;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience and knowledge of Cybersecurity, overall IT architecture design and tools, current and evolving hacking tools, and methodologies available to disrupt these systems;
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Cyber Security, Intelligence Analysis or related field, or equivalent experience
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must have at least one of the following or a comparable certification:
- CERT Certified Computer Security Incident Handler
- ECC CEH (Electronic Commerce Council Certified Ethical Hacker)
- GCIH (GIAC Certified Incident Handler)
- GISF (GIAC Information Security Fundamentals)
- CISSP (ISC2 Certified Information System Security Professional)
- SCNP (Security Certified Network Professional)
- SCNA (Security Certified Network Architect); and
- Operational experience in 24x7 environment
- Experience managing or having operational responsibility for a FISMA high system
- Must be US Citizen or Green card holder
- Minimum have Public Trust and the ability to obtain a Secret clearance
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.