Are you ready to join a Leidos all-star team working on a next generation machine learning pipeline platform? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path.
Talk about accelerating your career by using your troubleshooting skills to help us ingest data from multiple sources through many pipelines and feed it into a UI that is made accessible and retrievable for our end users. Your role is critical to implementing and maintaining this pipeline across environments on this one of a kind platform working in Bethesda, MD or Reston, VA.
As our Senior Systems Integrator Engineer in the Leidos Innovation Center, you will assist with the implementation of a state-of-the-art technology stack supporting a full stack containerized microservices architecture for the DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) for the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC). D3P is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that will provide cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. Your job will be to rely upon your years of experience bringing together component subsystems into a whole and ensuring that those subsystems are optimized to work together. This job will be in our Reston, VA or Bethesda, MD office where you will participate in fostering an integration process incorporating DevOps processes while maintaining and building strong cross functional collaboration with all areas of development, product, and quality assurance in a dynamic and fast paced environment. You will be involved in supporting all aspects of the data pipeline and integrating machine learning services in support of intelligence community analysts whose mission is to solve unique and challenging problems.
This is the fun you will have working closely with other infrastructure and network engineers, system engineers and O&M team members to:
- Perform Linux builds, installs, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of both Linux and Windows platforms to include but not limited to base configuration, security and system patching, performance monitoring, etc.
- Provide O/S hardening (STIG, OpenSCAP, ACAS) and system patching
- Develop server builds for virtual and physical environments
- Manage, maintain, configure, and deploy system integration tools such as Kubernetes, Rancher, Helm
- Support management and integration of DevOps tools such as Jenkins
- Deploy, operate, diagnose, and maintain containerized (Docker) microservices across orchestrated (Kubernetes) environments
- Maintain and orchestrate services and procedures for a big data pipeline which includes kafka, Elasticsearch, and several in house written python/java running on Kubernetes
- Develop scripts to monitor and check health of the deployed pipeline
- Maintain and develop DevOps automation using tools (e.g., Saltstack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Design, develop, and support scalable, redundant infrastructure to include physical and virtualized environments
- Set up administrator and service accounts, maintain system documentation, tune system performance, install system wide software, validate and implement critical system patches, and allocate mass storage space
- Improve existing infrastructure to incorporate latest technology best practices and cross application integrations
- Ability to plug in to ad hoc responsibilities as needed:
- Participate, as needed, in all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, integration, and documentation phases
- Manage the code transfer and modification
- Conduct automated unit and system integration tests to identify and provide feedback on failed modules and components
- Participate in code design reviews and updates
- Support CM activities
- Administer system to system data transfer and integration process
This is you:
- A Bachelor's Degree with at least 12 years of relevant professional experience or 4 years of additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance
- Experience with security requirements derivation
- Experience documenting test results for corrective actions, reporting and audits
- Expertise in configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of Linux (RHEL/CentOS, Ubuntu) to include kernel panic recovery; Configuring SSSD, AIDE, SELinux, auditd; and O/S hardening – STIG, OpenSCAP, ACAS
- Highly proficient with Patching: yum repositories, APT repositories
- Highly proficient with Server builds: virtual and physical
- DoD 8570 IAT II Certification
- Knowledge of Atlassian software such as JIRA, JIRA Service Desk, Confluence, Bitbucket, HipChat, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and also a self-starter who can work on their own
You will wow us if you have these skills:
- Experience with installing and deploying DevOps tools, to include Chef, Puppet, Git, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible, Salt, etc.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Python, Elasticsearch, Logstash, IPA, AWS, OpenStack, Java, Kafka, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience establishing large computer clusters
- Experience in continuous configuration automation (CCA) methods for providing a flexible, programmatic platform for deploying and managing the configuration of infrastructure and application resources.
- Experience in applying both agent-based and agentless (e.g. SSH) methods to event-driven orchestration and remote execution for configuration management
- Experience in applying automated configuration management and deployment tools (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and Salt) for configuration automation, cloud control, and event-driven orchestration.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.