The Senior Security Specialist provides technical security expertise in following security disciplines: personnel, physical/industrial, computer investigations, and operations requiring the ability to use security concepts, principles and practices to analyze and resolve difficult and complex security issues for NGA SISG Division.
The position requires familiarity with oversight and management of Special Access Programs (SAPs) information and the ability to provide security guidance using DoD / IC regulations and directives required for a successful collaborative environment between NGA’s internal and external customers.
- Update and maintain appropriate records in JADE database
- Review and update PARs in JADE
- Conduct inspections and perform assistance visits
- Interpret security policy on matters pertaining to processing, dissemination, and controlling of classified materials
- Acting as a liaison between NGA, other federal agencies and contractors
- Prepare and deliver verbal and written briefings to internal and external customers
- Develop the required programs and operations to support tasks or requirements for monitoring and managing security operations
- Provide the government with status reports and recommendations for decisions
- All applicants must have an active TS/SCI clearance to be considered for this position. Minimum 11 years total relevant experience with 5 years of experience executing security programs within a government agency
- Active TS/SCI level security clearance is a hard requirement for this position
- Proven ability to organize, develop and deliver concise-executive level reports and presentations
- Knowledge of national security program directives and standards is a must
- Demonstrated ability to conduct security inspections and staff assistance visits and to review results and make recommendations
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable DCID, ICD, DOD, and Executive Order standards
- Ability to provide guidance in security measures and requirements, and knowledgeable in risk management assessments
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, to include both written and verbal
- Self-starter, with experience supporting Special Access Programs, familiar with policy and classification management for IC and DoD
- Experience using JPAS , SC2 and JADE, Comfortable dealing directly with senior management desired
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.