Leidos is seeking a Project Manager in Austin, TX to support the IOSS program. Candidate must live in the Austin, TX area with ability to travel onsite when needed.
A Project Manager must have experience managing Information Technology related projects. Must be well versed in life cycle and project management methodologies. Must have experience in tracking costs, schedule and performance progress. Must be able to identify and mitigate risks. Specifically:
- Manages the full lifecycle of applications/systems projects for Monitoring Division from intake to customer delivery.
- Evaluates, determines and documents specific requirements related to monitoring projects and translates those requirements into a roadmap with target release dates for accomplishment.
- Develops and manages a project risk register for each project.
- Determines and Manages the project schedule utilizing Agile PM methodologies and tools.
- Provides routine reporting of project milestones, risks, impediments, and escalation requirements.
- Presents to leadership, stakeholders and/or governance groups, the vision and strategy of the project, the roadmap of planned deliveries, and capabilities to be delivered in each release.
- Conducts cross-organizational coordination as required in support of project delivery.
- Expedites and coordinates services to assist in managing complex enterprise projects.
- Manages assigned tasks to completion within the schedule, budget, and scope of the project.
Required Skills and Certification:
- Project Management Institute – Agile Certified Practitioner
- Certified Scrum Master
- Kanban Management
- Innate/documented ability to translate project activities into executive-level reports, correspondence, and presentations.
- Extensive experience managing complex IT projects
Preferred Skill and experience:
- Experience working on projects involving the monitoring and management of enterprise network, infrastructure, and applications.
- Ability to operate in high-stress environments.
- Bachelor Degree and 10 years of experience. 8 years of additional experience in lieu of Degree
- US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance . Contract requirement
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, build and release managers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other application managers.
- Experience leading information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational and financial performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate with leadership, staff and customers
- Manage shift operations and engagement across all lines of effort for the assigned shift.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.