Leidos seeks a Senior Data Analyst to develop clear and well-structured analytical plans and analyze large data sets. This role supports the creations of the organizations data infrastructure – to include data warehousing, reporting and analytical platforms. The Data Analyst identifies documents and evaluates potential data resources, and builds processes that ensure timely access to data, while maintaining the accuracy and relevance of the data. This role is responsible to design and communicate plans to resolve data gaps as well as to design, develop and implement both logical and conceptual data flows. Supports and executes change management activities where they apply to data analysis.
- Consolidate data by designing and developing methods and processes
- Develop software programs, algorithms and automated processes to evaluate datasets and models
- Use software programs, algorithms and automated processes to evaluate datasets and models
- Ensure connectivity between various databases and systems
- Interpret and communicate findings and recommendations
- Monitor business performance by developing tools, algorithms and dashboards
- Maintains awareness of emerging analytics and big-data technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years of experience are required.
- Experience with report creation, modeling and trend forecasting.
- Familiarity with Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Predictive modeling, Statistical Analysis and Hypothesis testing.
- Experience with analysis stemming from multiple databases: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL
- Ability to work with cross-discipline teams.
- Proficient MS application knowledge (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with the customer to define requirements.
- Excellent writing and research skills.
Expertise in working with National VHA program deployment centered on patient scheduling (VistA, VSE, Cerner, etc.)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:NACI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.