Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Product Delivery Owner (PDO) to provide Agile DevOps support to mission critical systems. As a Product Delivery Owner (PDO), you will have direct customer communication and is a point-of-contact to support application road-map design and definition, perform risk management identification and mitigation, and development implementation timelines based on a tailored SAFe Agile DevSecOps environment. The Product Delivery Owner (PDO) works in collaboration with the government to create the vision, roadmap and backlog focused on next generation big data solution. You must have knowledge and experience implementing big data solutions in USG environments, familiarity with AI/ML technologies, project management and experience as a proven servant leader. The PDO participates in roadmap development, program increment feature planning, working with the Solutions Train stakeholders to define the inputs, sequence work, and high-level objectives for the future increments to achieve the customer vision. The PDO will be focused on the overall capabilities of the larger solution with awareness of the progress, budget, release strategy and definition of done as features are delivered into operations. The PDO has a significant role in the quality control and will maintain a backlog of 2-3 increments of stories available at any given moment. The PDO will coordinate with Technical Delivery Owners (TDOs) to ensure progress in the current and the planning session.
- Lead projects as a liaison between clients and teams to facilitate the effective capture and exchange of information to ensure the delivery of the highest quality software and technology solution.
- Establish strategies for deliverables for business projects to include process changes, technology changes and customer impact
- Drive teams’ sprint/release commitments towards long-term strategic goals
- Anticipate, manage and ultimately resolve potential impediments and risks
- Facilitate progress toward immediate and strategic goals for the teams
- Manage and lead multi-faceted, dynamic teams
- Responsible for understanding the customer needs and validates the proposed solutions.
- Drives iteration goals and content via priorities stories.
- Establishes story and acceptance criteria and accepts stories into the baseline
- Participate in the development and communicate the program vision and roadmap with their team.
- Responsible for coordination and planning across their team(s).
- Key in managing and prioritizing the flow of work and the PI planning.
- Approves stories and places them into the team backlog and accepting them into the system baseline.
- Moves stories through the Agile life-cycle management tooling process.
- Responsible for confirming when stories have been deemed complete.
- Experience with negotiating stories through the Agile life-cycle management (ALM) tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and etc.
- Prior experience working in SAFe and tailoring it to the government environment.
- Proven success designing and executing strategic plans for complex teams
- Proven experience supporting highly critical customer missions
- Proven ability to manage and lead a team in order to prioritize, and successfully execute multiple projects concurrently with minimal direction
- Demonstrated ability to work and lead in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to lead effectively in a cross-functional and highly distributed team environment.
- Demonstrated high-level of integrity and business ethics; ability to model expected behaviors across teams.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph.
- Candidate must have a BS with 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Agile Alliance Certification
- Candidate must be US Citizen.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.