Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.
Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world’s toughest problems.
Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers’ needs as if they were our own.
United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.
Leidos Innovations UK Ltd is seeking a UK-based Quality Engineer who is a motivated self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment.
Reporting to the UK QE&C Manager, the Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer will oversee the independent Quality Assurance activities required on appointed programmes, acting as the first point of contact for Quality Assurance issues.
Duties & Responsibilities
The QA Engineer is responsible for, but not limited to, the following activities:
- Reviews project procedures
- Conducts reviews of Contract Data Requirements List (CDRLs) and work products
- Conducts and reports on internal process audits
- Support and conduct Internal programme audits for ISO and Leidos standards
- Responsible for the audit surveillance activities conducted on key suppliers
- Collects and reports performance metrics (e.g. KPI’s)
- Reviews the results of metrics analysis to determine whether additional process audits are needed
- Input into Quality Assurance Plan (QAP) and annual review of QAP
- Test Witnessing (sampling)
- Overview of Peer review (sampling)
- Supports Quality Control (QC) activities, as required
- Provides support to the UK QE&C Manager
- Provides inputs to the UK QE&C Manager for reporting performance standards summary of the Monthly Operating Report
- Executes Quality Control activities in accordance with the QAP
- Requirement Escapes for overdue or rejected CDRL’s or non-conforming product/service
- Implements root-cause analysis and improvement activities
- Works closely with the Programme Manager, management team, and quality team to identify quality issues and resolutions and develop and review corrective action plans
- Internal programme audits for ISO standards and EENG
- Providing training and awareness of the QMS to programme staff
- Always follow and promote Group and Company policies and procedures
- All employees must conduct themselves in accordance with our Corporate Company Values and Business Ethics at all times
- Quality assurance and control experience in a software development environment
- Experience of ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- Good verbal and written skills
- Ability to multi-task and function in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- UK citizenship
- Willingness to achieve DV clearance
- Willing to travel
Desirable Skills Required
- Experience working with the following tools: SharePoint, MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Jira, Confluence
- Active SC security clearance
- Agile development experience/knowledge
- Experience of developing and implementing processes
- Implementing corrective and preventative actions (CAPA)
- Experience of Internal, external and supplier auditing
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.