Leidos Corporate Information Security Group is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our IT Program Execution team. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for overseeing projects related to a broad spectrum of IT areas. Examples include corporate-wide cybersecurity compliance projects, and/or application deployments.
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a wide variety of challenges across people, process, and technologies with numerous opportunities to achieve, meet and stretch goals. In this role, the candidate will collaborate with Leidos business, key stakeholders (internal audit, legal, privacy, human resources, etc.), senior technical architects, system engineers, and SMEs to drive the project(s) to successful conclusion. Provide regular status summaries and reports to management.
- Responsible for managing tasks/functions of a project from a technical, cost, risk and schedule perspective.
- Integrate all functions and activities necessary to perform the project to meet the client or customer requirements.
- Communicate project performance and status to senior leadership during project reviews.
- Plan and implement actions by the project team to define and implement technical baseline and meet quality requirements for project products and services.
- Develop required deliverables, which may include: Project Charters, ITIL-based Service Requirements & Design Packages, Detailed Design documents, System Implementation Procedure documents, System Operating Procedures, Basis on Estimates, Milestone Review presentations, and Financial Earned Value documents.
- Coordinate tasks across teams to accomplish goals.
- Provide substantial support and leadership in working towards task completion.
- Provide leadership and direction of personnel performing complex tasks.
- Execute projects through cross-functional team consisting predominantly of matrixed task leaders and support personnel from the CIOS organization.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 years of professional experience, including 4+ years of IT project management
- Ability to plan, develop and implement Information Technology projects according to cost, schedule, and scope requirements.
- Knowledge of requirements planning and budget estimation, project execution activities such as incorporating best practices, and project closeout activities such as collecting lessons learned.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of cybersecurity policies based on NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171 and ISO 27001.
- Proven ability “Herd the cats” as needed to accomplish the mission.
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams responsible for delivering high-quality project outputs on time and within budget.
- Ability to ensure appropriate management, customer, and supplier involvement throughout the life of the project.
- Ability to listen to and understand customer expectations and concerns
- Experience with IT project engineering best practices and/or degree in engineering and/or cyber security.
- Experience leading IT-related cyber, network or infrastructure projects.
- Cybersecurity risk management experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.