Leidos is seeking a Department Coordinator to support our operations at the Naval Submarine Medical Research Laboratory (NSMRL) in Groton, CT. NSMRL conducts research and investigates the effects of medical, psychological, and performance issues associated with the health and performance of naval personnel in operational and non-operational settings.
The Department Coordinator will be responsible for providing coordination support for the Warfighter Performance Department.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support the coordination, scheduling, and tracking of various processes and documents (administrative, financial, and logistical) in support of all research projects in the Department.
- Route technical documentation through scientific review, travel approval, purchasing, public affairs, contracts or publication processes, as required.
- Assist developing project budgets and ensure periodic spending updates are provided to project sponsors.
- Develop Department administrative procedures to ensure consistent support is provided to all research projects.
- Coordinate Department support personnel both on-site and at remote locations.
- Provide update briefings to Department Heads, Directors, and the Executive Officer of detailed project status, as required.
- Candidates must have completed a Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline.
- Computer literacy, Microsoft Office proficiency (including Visio and Project), and a working knowledge of statistical software are required.
- Candidates must demonstrate the ability to interact and effectively communicate both written and orally with a wide variety of people.
- Due to Federal contracting requirements, candidates must be US Citizens.
- The candidate will be required to acquire, at a minimum, a SECRET classification access level. Preference will be given to a candidate who already has this clearance level.
- Candidates with documented evidence of project management experience are desired.
- Familiarity with HIPAA, PHI/PII compliance, etc. is highly desired.
- Skills should include a foundational and theoretical understanding of general scientific principles.
- Experience in a human subject research setting and experience in the US federal government system is highly desired.
- Work is to be primarily performed on a government installation. The normal work week is Monday through Friday 0730 to 1600.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.