We are seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) to support a Leidos Prime Program in the development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of critical systems. The selected candidate shall perform (or review) technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies. Will validate and verify system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs. Will design, develop, implement and/or integrate IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements. Assist architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of Agency security policy and enterprise solutions. Support the building of security architectures. Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures. Will assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle. Contribute to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations. Will review security certification and accreditation (C&A).
- Participate as a security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation and/or integration of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments
- Apply knowledge of IA policy, procedures, and workforce structure to design, develop, and implement secure networking, computing, and enclave environments
- Interact with the customer and other project team members
- Support the Government in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures
- Support security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management
- Identify overall security requirements for the proper handling of Government data
- Fourteen (14) years’ experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information
- Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited College or University is required
- DoD 8570.01-M compliance with IASAE Level 2 is required CISSP Certification is required
- Four (4) years of ISSE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.