Leidos is currently seeking a qualified, energetic leader to fill the position of Manufacturing Lead located in Long Beach, MS. In this role you will lead the production of advanced ocean sensor systems and payload subsystems, and integration of those systems with manned and unmanned maritime platforms for the Maritime Systems Division (MSD). Current and future projects span advanced concept and prototype development, low-rate initial production and full-rate production.
MSD is an industry leader in developing, applying, and advancing state of the art signal processing technologies and hardware/software systems for C4ISR including distributed netted sensor systems, communications systems, positioning systems, tactical decision systems, and autonomous unmanned platforms.
Leidos maritime systems are addressing complex mission requirements and pioneering impressive firsts in the application of novel physical insights translated into advanced signal processing solutions and applied to the full range of maritime missions across the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, other governmental agencies and commercial clients.
The successful applicant will work collaboratively with an outstanding group of engineers and technologists located in Long Beach MS. The successful applicant will become part of a world class team that is a recognized leader in maritime systems development, and will support production of advanced ocean electronic systems for the US Navy. In addition the applicant will guide the production planning efforts for program of record capture efforts.
- Leadership with great communication skills
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of production and operations workers as assigned
- Practice LEAN principles and be a champion for continuous improvement
- Support the sustainment and execution of fundamental LEAN tools/processes including 6S, value stream mapping, point of use storage (POUS) and visual factory displays/controls.
- Identify and propose adjustments to value stream standard work in order to level workload in order to meet production schedules.
- Engage with the workforce to achieve successful implementation of Kaizen events including the relentless pursuit of continuous improvement by eliminating waste and increasing cycle times.
- Create and maintain a Kaizen wall to prioritize events and celebrate success stories.
- Perform a wide variety of sequencing, planning, scheduling, coordinating and reporting tasks in support of the manufacturing workflow.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations, Engineering, or Management with 5 years of relevant experience; or 9+ years of equivalent experience in a Manufacturing Lead role.
- Experience with ISO9001 quality management systems.
- Effective hands-on skills and the ability to interact with shop floor personnel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, along with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must possess or be able to receive an active DoD SECRET Security clearance
- Experience with shop floor management, processes and procedures
- Background establishing, collecting and reporting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to LEAN manufacturing.
- Basic understanding of MRP systems such as effective issuance of manufacturing orders (MO’s) to the shop floor.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint a plus
- Experience with setting up new production lines and operations
- Experience with manufacturing operations for Department of Defense customers
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.