Leidos is seeking a talented Data Science Intern, located in our Arlington, VA office.
This position is for an intern that is motivated to learn quickly. The candidate should be familiar with at least one programming language like Python, Java, C/C++. Additionally, the candidate should have experience with at least one of the following machine learning libraries SciKit Learn, Keras, TensorFlow, or PyTorch. The candidate must be intellectually adaptive, inquisitive, good at expressing their needs, and self-managed when necessary. Selected candidates will work alongside software/system engineers and research/data scientists with expertise in multi-modal information retrieval, UI development, computer vision, metrics, information science, artificial intelligence, and autonomous systems.
-Create AI/ML prototypes for use cases requiring identifying entity/objects, determining object association, object disambiguation, anomaly detection, state estimations, etc.
- Develop and maintain data models (both physical and logical)
- Perform extraction, transform, and load (ETL) tasks related to the different modalities and algorithms being applied. This data ETL includes identifying the data’s relevant metadata to ensure consistency, quality, accuracy, integrity, and information assurance and security.
- Conduct anomaly detection using various AI/ML techniques
- Use algorithms to identify complex patterns across multiple modalities
- Increase the efficiency and quality data alignment and fusion
- Enhance and maintain analysis tools, including automation of current processes using AI/ML algorithms
- Direct quantitative data analysis including developing retrieval, processing, fusion, analysis, and visualization of various datasets
- Configure and program prototypes Jupyter notebooks with ML solutions
- Setup and use AWS instances to train and operate AI/ML models
- Pursuing a Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related fields
- Must be eligible to obtain a DoD Top Secret security clearance with polygraph
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Practical experience with statistical analysis
- Intermediate software development skills including developing and maintaining code bases
- Hands-on Software Development Skills (Python-Preferred)
- Experience or educational courses/projects in Machine Learning, and/or Text
- Visualizations/Web Development Skills (e.g. Tableau, D3, etc)
- Hands-on experience with prototype development
- Hands-on experience with automating data cleansing, formatting, staging, and transforming data human
- Hands-on experience applying data analytics
- Hands-on experience with intelligent systems and machine learning
- Experience with interpretability of deep learning models
- Big Data Skills (Azure, Hadoop, Spark, recent deep learning platforms)
- Experience with text mining tools and techniques including in areas of summarization, search (e.g. elasticsearch), entity extraction, training set generation (e.g. Snorkel) and anomaly detection
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.