Leidos Corporate Group has an immediate opening for a Computer Operations Specialist to join our IT Services team in San Diego – CA.
In this role, you will provide Tier 1 support for our IT Operations Support Center and interact heavily with large portion of the IT Services Staffing team that serves as a vital link between the developers / application support teams. You will also responsible for scheduling of all production batch processing.
Please note that this is a night 10-hour shift position from 7pm to 5.30am / 4 days a week.
Other responsibilities include:
- Correlate, establish relationships, and implement the functions associated to batch scheduling, creating calendars, setting variable and operating an enterpriser scheduler.
- Understand the movement of program code between instances.
- Support IT initiatives and projects, which ultimately stream back and involve batch processing.
- Preparation of flowcharts, outlining nightly execution of jobs for tracking purposes.
- Make suggestions for improvement based on the current work flow as it relates to processes and services.
- Provide after-hour support for production batch scheduling.
- Perform tidal maintenance and administrative tasks.
- Participate in the change management process, by attending release board meetings and scrutinize change requests assigned to the Operations Support Team for processing.
- Take the lead in resolving problems/issues within scheduling resulting in continual abnormal termination or force completed jobs, or by reaching out to developers/application team.
- Interacts daily with manager, supervisor, peer groups, and customers which normally involve exchanges or presentation of factual information. Respond to requests for assistance in a professional and courteous manner.
- Works on assignments that are highly complex in nature where judgment is resolving problems and making recommendations after analyzing the situation.
- Ensures standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- High School diploma coupled with 2-4 years of Computer Operator Specialist experience.
- Experience with Tidal Enterprise Scheduler and MS Office Suite
- Problem Tracking System experience.
- Understand the required analyses and definition associated to production batch processing.
- Has knowledge of scheduling solutions which promote efficient batch processing and assist in expedient turn-around of critical outages.
- Ability to effectively communicate with subordinates, peers, management, customers and developers (via voice and correspondence) to remedy outstanding problems.
- Adapt to and acquire familiarity with use to new systems/software.
- Function day-to-day independent of significant supervisory guidance.
- Perform on-call duties as needed.
- Experience with the following: SQL 2008 R2, Windows, Tivoli Enterprise Console, EMGT performance monitoring,
- Remedy Problem Reporting / Change Management System
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.