Today, Electronic Warfare (EW) is a growing enterprise - protecting the warfighter and our national security against ever-adapting threats. The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Junior Signal Processing Engineer to support EW programs in Arlington, VA.
As part of our team, you will focus on improving the robustness and efficacy of sensors and signals in complicated environments. More broadly, you will advance the state of the art in research and advanced applications to support ongoing and future EW programs. You’ll simultaneously get to work alongside scientists and experts in these fields to help grow your own knowledge and career.
Taking direction from your Team or Task Lead, while working in small groups or individually, you will:
- Develop, model, and test algorithms in Matlab, Simulink, or C++
- Analyze results from simulation or real data to identify root causes and trends
- Plan and perform analytical and engineering research, design development, participate in testing and other technical assignments
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- 2-4 years’ experience
- Minimum active SECRET clearance, with ability to obtain TS//SCI
- Experience with tools such as MATLAB, Linux, Mathematica, Python, Simulink - and languages such as C/C++, Java etc.
- Working knowledge of scientific programming and algorithm development
- Experience with radar signal processing
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
- Adaptability to new challenges with a strong motivation to grow and learn in new areas
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- TS//SCI clearance
- Working knowledge areas such as digital filtering, spectral estimation, detection and estimation theory, linear algebra and stochastic processes
- Experience working in areas of modeling and simulation (M&S), radar, adaptive radar, signals processing, algorithm development, synthetic aperture radar (SAR) or similar fields
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Signal Processing Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.