The National Solutions Group at Leidos is seeking a Network Engineer to perform Network design, plan analysis, installation and support the network communications systems (LAN, WAN, VOIP). The engineer will perform a wide range of engineering duties to include network architecture, monitoring the networks, and enterprise networking. The Network Engineer provides technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
The Network Engineer analyzes and provides reports on new communications technologies to enhance network capabilities. The Network Engineer analyzes, coordinates and performs installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of networks. The Network Engineer works directly with the customer in all aspects of day-to-day activities. The selected candidate must understand the site and enterprise well enough to work through network-related issues with other segments at the facility and across the enterprise.
Working at a customer facility and with the customer daily requires good communication skills and the ability to multi-task efforts based on a dynamic environment and changing priorities. Provides security engineering and integration services to internal customers. The supported program supports a 24x7 mission critical customer environment. Program employees may be scheduled to work or called in to work during off hours to meet customer mission support requirements.
- 2-5 years’ experience in design, maintenance, and operation of small to medium sized networks
- 2-5 years’ experience with military networks, CISCO routing and switching, and network troubleshooting
- Knowledge of OSPF, BGP, VOIP or Multicast protocols.
- Knowledge of Cisco Switching/Routing product line
- Strong understanding and in-depth knowledge of IP network/subnet addressing
- Hands-on experience diagnosing network related issues
- Ability to work independently to resolve technical issues in a dynamic environment.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Security+ Certification
- Must be willing to be scheduled to work, or be called in to work, during off hours to meet customer mission support requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with 4 years of professional experience; or 2 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree; or equivalent experience/combined education.
- Experience with Cisco / Brocade / Juniper Network Platforms
- Experience with ACS/TACACS Servers
- Experience with Cisco lOS/ Brocade OS / JUNOS
- CCNA or other advanced networking certificate.
- Experience with HP NNM, Cisco Prime, and CiscoWorks
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.