We are seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to support a Leidos Prime Program in the development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of critical systems.
- Support the development life cycle of platform architectural design, deployment and debugging
- Building a release pipeline to enable fast, but safe delivery of critical business software to Production
- Develop & Maintain sound version control best practices-based CM systems (GIT), including branching and merging strategies
- Ability to automate release deployments across development, test, staging, Quality Assurance and production stacks using a combination of scripting languages and other automation toolkits
- Maintain / upgrade / patch tracking and documentation software (Confluence / Jira)
- Create, Assist, and/or Implement design and maintenance web service infrastructure and deployments
- Identify processes and capabilities that can be streamlined and automated
- Leverage programming Languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl, and Java (U) Proficient with DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering methodologies.
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment by leveraging Configuration Management, containerization, serverless technologies, and Kubernetes
- Architect and develop best practices for software build tools (Gradle, Maven, ANT, Shell) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Bamboo), and infrastructure automation (Amazon Web Services, VMWare, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.
The Level 3 DevOps Engineer shall possess the following capabilities:
- Active TS/SCI w/ Poly Clearance
- BS Degree or higher is required in either Engineering (i.e. Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, etc.) or Computer Science with a minimum of twelve (12) years of related experience (excludes education experience such as Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field)
- Must be fluent with Git
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Linux environments (RHEL 6/7/8, RHCSA/RHCE, CentOS)
- 10+ years working in an Agile dev environment (excludes education experience such as Bachelor’s or Master degree in relevant field)
- 10+ years of system architecture required with a demonstrated ability to read the code and understand the coding logic to assist in troubleshooting
- 10+ years’ experience managing/monitoring AWS cloud and virtualized servers for optimal performance while working in a Platform as a Service (PaaS) environment
- Experience integrating Jenkins/Bamboo, Docker, and Kuberenetes for automated deployment preferred
- Experience with caching technologies (Memcache, Active MQ, Redis, APC, etc.)
- Experience with MySQL (Clusters, Replication, and Tuning) and Elasticsearch (Kibana a plus)
- Knowledge of security practices, networking protocols, firewalls, PCI compliance, etc.
- Familiarity with software development life cycle models, agile, and DevOps programming methodologies
- Fluent skills in object oriented programming and experience in at least one programming language, such as Ruby, C, C++, GO, Python, or Java
- Experience with Windows system administration, system monitoring, instrumentation, resiliency and performance
- Experience acquiring in-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk, and understand varied customer deployments
- Ability to successfully work with customers, developers, testing, project management, and support Staff
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communications
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.