Leidos is currently seeking experienced individuals for exciting opportunities on a TTO-based contract that supports the customer's Capabilities organization. One key TTO delivers a platform that hosts an expanding set of core services, analytic tools, data compliance, and security services to the TechSIGINT community. Incorporating DevOps, SAFE, and other best practices to design, develop and deploy software, we adhere to a rigorous release schedule for the SDK. In addition, we provide software maintenance and enhancements, systems engineering and administration, and quality assurance to an operational system of critical importance to SIW. The team works collaboratively across various organizations implementing the latest technology (AWS, containerization, DevOps, metrics and monitoring, etc.) to support the mission and meet the customer's needs in a proactive manner.
The Software Engineer will work collaboratively with a software engineering team to assist in the design, development, testing, implementation, and sustainment of software. The role requires the candidate to work individually and as part of a team. Develop, review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
The Software Engineer shall be responsible for the following:
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph is required
- At least fourteen (14) years’ experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Four (4) years of additional SWE or equivalent experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- JAVA/J2ee software development expertise
- Experience working in an Agile environment, with continuous integration and automated testing
- Experience with JDTS and/or Nifi
- Networking and sockets experience
- Experience in OpenStack software tools for building and managing cloud computing platforms.
- Linux and Centos/RedHat experience
- Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, and LDAP
- Storage concept experience: File systems, extendts, luns, raid
- Oracle database experience
- Git, Gitlab, Jenkins
Specific Program Listings: http://careers.leidos.com/CSSRC
Please visit http://careers.leidos.com/CSS20k for details and a full list of eligible opportunities.