The Information engineer plays a key role in Architecture team with primary focus on shared services development. He/She will work closely with Chief Architect on the program and assist in development of enterprise level application and services using advanced and modern technologies and open source tools using agile methodology (SAFe, Scrum, Scrum of Scrums, Kanban, SecDevOps) including backlog structure and management, governance/change control, and other key processes.
- Must have the ability to take a concept, derive technical requirements and be able to design and build complete end to end solution in a fast paced agile environment.
- Develop enterprise application and services using Java, Python, Angular/ReactJS, AWS services, Kafka, ELK and other open source tools.
- Conduct engineering system development tasks including system requirements analysis, system architecture and design, preliminary design, critical design, system integration, formal verification, and formal validation.
- Produce technical documentation in support of engineering solutions that include, but are not limited to, architectural drawings, detailed design specifications, and thorough implementation instructions.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
The individual selected for this position should have a broad technical background spanning many of the technical areas supported by the program. The ability to clearly articulate technical messages for a variety of audiences, both through written and verbal means, will be a critical skill necessary for the success in this position.
- 2-4 years' experience in design and development of enterprise IT solutions
- Demonstrated expertise in software development, including requirements analysis and system architecture design
- Strong verbal and written technical communication skills
- Ability to liaise with government, vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Hands-on experience in programming and designing software using Java technologies inclusive of: Java, J2EE, Angular, ReactJS, Spring MVC, JQuery, JSF, JSP, MyBatis, Hibernate
- Recent experience (2+ years) in developing software using: Kafka, ELK stack
- Experience with AWS cloud services
- Experience with modern development software, tools, and methodologies inclusive of; Jenkins, GitLab, Jira, Nexus, Maven, SonarQube, Fortify, Junit, Karma, Selenium
- Experience with containerization using: Docker
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 0-2 years of prior relevant experience
- CBP Full Background Investigation, OR Active Top Secret Clearance
- Experience with, IBM MQ
- Demonstrated experience in network and cyber security design, engineering and operations with emphasis on DHS capabilities
- Experience with NIST SP 800 series or ISO 27000 series documents for information security management and risk assessment
- Demonstrated experience with server virtualization technologies such as VMware, Citrix, or Hyper-V
- Demonstrated experience with operating systems such as RedHat Linux and Windows Server
- Hands-on experience with: PLSQL, Oracle, WebLogic, Tomcat
- Demonstrated experience in ITIL, ISO20000 / ISO27001 implementations
- At least one nationally recognized vendor certification · Cloud Technical, Business or TCO Accreditation Cloud Architect, DevOps or SysOps Associate or Professional Certification
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.