Leidos has a need for a highly motivated Senior Node Software Developer to provide Agile software development expertise and hands on implementation using the latest open source server side java script technologies on the Node platform and other related open source products. The candidate will be collocated with the SSA government employees and subcontractors at a government facility in Baltimore, Maryland. The candidate must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust.
- Extensive senior level full-stack software development experience with Node.js (3 or more years) and React.js with detailed understanding of user interface frameworks, back-end software architecture interactions and node module capabilities.
- Strong development experience with developing RESTful Web Services using Node.js.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Scrum and Kanban Agile development process and TDD, BDD, ceremonies including scrums, planning events, backlog grooming, retrospectives and demos.
- Complex programming, program debugging, data analysis, problem analysis and resolution of issues within open source applications.
- Strong communication and collaborative skills in providing technical direction and hands-on software development to include design, development and testing.
- Expertise in writing complex sql queries in PostgreSQL and optimize queries.
- Ability to mentor team members on Node.js and React technologies
- Experience with other JavaScritpt frameworks such as Express, Restify, Hapi, Sails, JOI, and Knex.
- Operating System and Infrastructure experience with Linux, Windows 7, Unix, Solaris, JMS, OOD, CVS.
- Experience with VersionOne Application Lifecycle Management Tools
- Experience with Jenkins and Continuous Integration.
- Experience with databases PostgreSQL and SOLR.
- Standards & Protocols knowledge including XML, XSLT, WSDL, JSON.
- Experience with Testing Tools including Mocha, Chai, Jest, Sinon, Supertest, Enzyme, Instanbul, Selenium, Load Runner, JSLint and Cucumber.
- Experience with source code versioning and Pull Requests with Git and Stash.
- Experience with IDEs such as VS code.
- Knowledge of SonarCube, Phabricator, Gerritt, Karma, Jasmine
- Knowledge of projects using SAFe methodology.
- Experience with DevOps processes and implementation.
- Experience with environments utilizing Cloud Technologies such as Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with NGiNX web server.
- Experience with MQLight, Redis In-memory data structure store and message broker.
Day to Day Duties
•Attend Stand-Up meetings with Product Owner, Scrum Master and developers.
•Design and develop code based upon business requirements, UI/back-end design standards, and common software components.
•Participate in feature grooming sessions to elaborate on requirements and assess level of effort.
•Perform peer reviews of team members’ code to improve quality and standards compliance.
•Implement unit and integration test cases for high percentage of code coverage.
•Resolve build issues, software defects, and production support issues, when necessary.
Education & Experience:
Bachelors + 8 Years of professional experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.