Leidos has an immediate opening for a Senior Program Manager (PM) to support both SOCOM and JSOC and its subordinate units. This PM should have direct existing and current relationships with SOCOM and JSOC Command Personnel, and preferably a J6 or J6 Shop background. This position requires up to 25% travel and is a telecommuting position until such time as current events allow. Once current events avail themselves, the PM should be located either in Tampa, FL or Fayetteville, NC. The PM will have direct and overall responsibility for technical planning, direction and execution, and for financial planning, monitoring, and reporting. The PM will coordinate within Leidos and with team member representatives and personnel to ensure flawless execution of all task order requirements. The PM will be the single point of contact for management and execution of the effort with the government COR and Contracting Officer. The successful candidate will have the demonstrated ability to effectively manage a large, complex, and geographically distributed team.
- Execute the Program Management Plan which includes the overall Task Order schedule, cost plans, and supporting plans, and clearly defines the major milestones and activities to fulfill the program requirements.
- Maintain the contract WBS as the framework for planning, budgeting, and identifying tasking activities and deliverables to establish cost, schedule, and performance baselines.
- Monitor performance against the Quality Assurance Plan presenting our methods to collect, analyze, and report performance measures and take action when measures are outside the established threshold or defined condition. These metrics will be the baselines throughout the life of the program.
- Assess the likelihood of meeting the established program schedule and identify any issues with achieving key mission milestones.
- Analyze program requirements and identify staffing needs, areas for improvement, and strategies for future program growth and manage the staffing plan in coordination with Leidos HR, recruiting assets, and program representatives to ensure sufficient staffing levels of skilled qualified personnel throughout the life of the program.
- Interface with government customers and articulate a technical and operational vision for the program along with proposed plans to meet that vision.
- Meet with senior members of Leidos staff to brief program status and priorities.
- Interface with industry team members to negotiate teaming agreements, articulate and advocate Leidos core competencies, and identify areas to accelerate program development.
- Manage sub-contractor effort and selection including review of invoices and Subcontractor status reports, and provide feedback to Subcontractor managers on the performance of their teams.
- Provide thought leadership for overall concept of operations, fielding and integration strategies, and operational relevance of system capabilities.
- Participate in the bid and proposal process for contracts.
- Bachelor's degree with 12+ years of related USSOCOM ISR and project/program management experience.
- PMP certification, or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Demonstrated experience managing programs with a combined value of $100M or greater.
- Demonstrated experience as a hiring manager.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and direct the activities of administrative, program, and technical personnel.
- Experience providing management products and artifacts.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with ability to obtain a Polygraph.
- Master's degree
- Experience as a Leidos Program Manager
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.