Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries.
Leidos is seeking a Data Scientist, a significant leadership position as part of a team supporting the Defense Information Security Agency (DISA) in Columbia, MD.
This is a full time position that must work in Columbia, MD. No full time telework is allowed.
The Data Scientist will coordinate support tasks for all related Data Science efforts including, but not limited to the application of Data Analytics, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence in support of the DISA Defensive Cyber Mission.
- Provides expert support, analysis and research into exceptionally complex problems, and processes relating to Data Science.
- Serves as technical expert on executive-level project teams providing technical direction, interpretation and alternatives.
- Thinks independently and demonstrates exceptional written and oral communications skills.
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts.
- Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives.
- Assignments are often self-initiated.
- Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Demonstrated expertise in Federal Government Data Science is absolutely necessary.
- Prior experience in leading large organizations with complex requirements and needs for the practical application of Data Science.
- Leadership of technical teams with similar skills.
- MA/MS with at least 15 years of experience
- Qualified IA personnel IAW DoDD 8570 and DoDD 8140, IAT II or higher.
- Active Secret Clearance Required
- Experience with Defensive Cyber Systems and Operations
- Experience with DISA Defensive Cyber Platforms
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.