The Health Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an onsite Operations and Technical Lead in Lakeland, FL. This is an exciting opportunity to lead the technical and operations effort for the Paper Mail and Conversion Management Services (PMCMS) mission. In this mission we provide document conversion services for source materials received directly from Veterans, Veterans Representatives, and third parties. These materials are converted into PDFs, indexed, and made available to VA end users for review within the interactive portal. The portal receives converted source materials from multiple vendors and is also maintained under this contract.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently and complete tasks without direct supervision.
- Lead a subcontractor team that is preparing, scanning, indexing, reassembling, and storing centralized mail directly related to Veteran’s claims and benefits.
- Establish and lead daily operations business rhythm to ensure all daily SLA requirements are met.
- Drive team efforts in troubleshooting and resolution; provide root cause analysis of any operational issues.
- Maintain full understanding of the IT systems connected to operations in order to ensure a fully integrated system.
- Perform analysis and problem solving for technological and operational issues.
- Enforce the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and work with the team to update SOPs, as needed
- Ensure on-time service delivery according to the established Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Participate in the development of the overall project plan, budget, structure, schedule, and staffing requirements to ensure they are fulfilled and maintained throughout the life of the project.
- Ensure partners and vendors comply with acceptable levels of transparency, timeliness, and commitment to quality.
- Comply with corporate, customer, and industry standards and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or a Master’s degree with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a VA Public Trust clearance
- Experience identifying, managing, and resolving risks and issues throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with the team, customer, subcontractor, and other project stakeholders.
- Must possess excellent organizational and analytical skills, and the ability to show initiative, good judgement, and resourcefulness.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and possess the ability to interact with the team, subcontractors, Government customers, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and track issues and delegate to appropriate team members for resolution
- Experience understanding and documenting processes and procedures needed to insure repeatable quality execution
- Technical understanding of how custom software applications work and integrate
- Willingness to accept and perform related duties and responsibilities as required, and the ability to oversee a collaborative operational environment and simultaneously work with a geographically diverse technological environment in order to meet deadlines.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Tool Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio)
- Understanding of inter-systems communication via file sharing and file transfer protocols
- Understanding of PII/PHI and HIPAA compliance and protocols
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Experience with the VA or other Government agency
- Knowledge of NARA and OSHA compliance requirements
- Experience with issue tracking systems, particularly the Atlassian Tool Suite (Jira, Confluence)
- Knowledge of the VA Document Conversion Rules (DCR) and Document Type Identification and Date of Receipt Guide (DTIDORG)
- Basic systems administration knowledge that can be used to troubleshoot file transfer and file sharing issues
- Some coding experience in Windows and/or Unix shell scripting languages
- Experience using Tableau to generate reports
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.