Distribution Project Manager/ Electric Utilities – Office Locations: Durham, Charlotte, NC
Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for a Distribution Project Manager who will work alongside lead engineers and senior management for various clients supported by the Power Delivery Services (PDS) division in Southeast United States. The position will have internal and client facing responsibilities, such as driving scope execution, schedule/resource management, financial management, contract management and risk mitigation.
The Project Manager will be part of an established Project Management Office (PMO) within the PDS Division that provides consulting services to both public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities. These consulting services provide clients with overall project management tasks in the areas of comprehensive engineering design of electrical transmission and distribution, substation and transmission line projects nationwide.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Managing various sized distribution projects for public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities located throughout the Southeast United States
• Responsible for overall project performance as well as managing the scope, schedule, budget, and safety performance
• Ensuring project costs, schedule and scope are managed, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within approved limits
• Working with Engineering Leads and Managers to track and execute client deliverables
• Creation and maintenance of client and office schedules
• Development of controls reports to produce weekly/monthly reports for client and internal management review (i.e. Financial Reports, Action Item Lists, Resource loading analysis and schedules, Meeting Minutes, etc.)
• Interfacing directly with the client and internal management to report progress, costs, schedule and risks across a portfolio of distribution projects
• Assist with the preparation of bid documents, development of requests for proposal responses and cost estimates
• Creation and maintenance of comprehensive project dashboard reports and KPI tracking
• Monthly client invoicing
• Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Engineering, Business or Finance required with an additional 4 + years’ of relevant Project Management experience or a Masters with 2+ years of relevant Project Management experience
• PMP Certification is preferred but not required, however with the desire to obtain PMP Certification within two years
• Familiarity with electric power industry and knowledge of business issues associated with power delivery services
• Must demonstrate recent and in-depth expertise in electric power infrastructure projects within transmission or distribution design
• Must have the capability for planning, organizing, directing and tracking technical efforts on assigned tasks
• Experience with MS Project, Primavera P6, JIRA or WorkFront PM Platforms
• Should be capable of tracking cost and schedule status of assigned tasks
• Ability to take direction from and discuss decisions with supervisor, and to coordinate with peers on project
• Must be able to interact with customer representatives in an effective manner in briefings meetings
• Must have demonstrated success with a team approach to the consulting business
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills
• Periodic travel is required
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.