Leidos is currently seeking experienced individuals for exciting opportunities on a TTO-based contract that supports the customer's Capabilities organization. One key TTO delivers a platform that hosts an expanding set of core services, analytic tools, data compliance, and security services to the TechSIGINT community. Incorporating DevOps, SAFE, and other best practices to design, develop and deploy software, we adhere to a rigorous release schedule for the SDK. In addition, we provide software maintenance and enhancements, systems engineering and administration, and quality assurance to an operational system of critical importance to SIW. The team works collaboratively across various organizations implementing the latest technology (AWS, containerization, DevOps, metrics and monitoring, etc.) to support the mission and meet the customer's needs in a proactive manner.
Leidos is seeking a Senior Linux Administrator to support a Leidos Prime Program in the development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of critical systems.
Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc. Act as a SME in problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers. Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process. Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Provide SME on problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
- Provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers forescalated tickets
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows (or other applicable) operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Support the design of systems, mission architecture and associated hardware
- Possess a working knowledge and understanding of system administration interdependencies as part of the Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Analyze and resolve complex problems associated with server hardware, applications and software integration
- TS/SCI w/ Poly clearance required
- Fifteen (15) years’ experience as a SA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SA experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree
- Well-versed in Linux OS environments
Specific Program Listings: http://careers.leidos.com/CSSRC
Please visit http://careers.leidos.com/CSS20k for details and a full list of eligible opportunities.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.