Leidos is currently looking for multiple Software Engineers (Java-based) to join a long-standing development program. You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Disability Leave, Safe Work Environments AND a $20k Sign-on Bonus for this position upon funding and hire onto the program!
Leidos is currently seeking experienced individuals for exciting opportunities on a TTO-based contract that supports the customer's Capabilities organization. One key TTO delivers a platform that hosts an expanding set of core services, analytic tools, data compliance, and security services to the TechSIGINT community. Incorporating DevOps, SAFE, and other best practices to design, develop and deploy software, we adhere to a rigorous release schedule for the SDK. In addition, we provide software maintenance and enhancements, systems engineering and administration, and quality assurance to an operational system of critical importance to SIW. The team works collaboratively across various organizations implementing the latest technology (AWS, containerization, DevOps, metrics and monitoring, etc.) to support the mission and meet the customer's needs in a proactive manner.
The Software Engineer will work collaboratively with a software engineering team to assist in the design, development, testing, implementation, and sustainment of software. The role requires the candidate to work individually and as part of a team. Develop, review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
The Level 1 Software Engineer (SWE) shall possess the following capabilities:
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas (U) Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph is required
- Eight (8) years’ experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
- C/C++, JAVA software development experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment, with continuous integration and automated testing
- Networking and sockets experience
- Experience in OpenStack software tools for building and managing cloud computing platforms.
- Linux and Centos/RedHat experience
- Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, and LDAP
- Storage concept experience: File systems, extendts, luns, raid
- Git, Gitlab, Jenkins
- Jira, Confluence
- Prometheus and Grafana
Specific Program Listings: http://careers.leidos.com/CSSRC
Please visit http://careers.leidos.com/CSS20k for details and a full list of eligible opportunities.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.