Leidos is currently looking for multiple DevOps Engineers to join a long-standing development program. You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Disability Leave, Safe Work Environments AND a $20k Sign-on Bonus for this position upon funding and hire onto the program!
Leidos is currently seeking experienced individuals for exciting opportunities on a TTO-based contract that supports the customer's Capabilities organization. One key TTO delivers a platform that hosts an expanding set of core services, analytic tools, data compliance, and security services to the TechSIGINT community. Incorporating DevOps, SAFE, and other best practices to design, develop and deploy software, we adhere to a rigorous release schedule for the SDK. In addition, we provide software maintenance and enhancements, systems engineering and administration, and quality assurance to an operational system of critical importance to SIW. The team works collaboratively across various organizations implementing the latest technology (AWS, containerization, DevOps, metrics and monitoring, etc.) to support the mission and meet the customer's needs in a proactive manner.
- Support the development life cycle of platform architectural design, deployment and debugging
- Building a release pipeline to enable fast, but safe delivery of critical business software to Production
- Develop & Maintain sound version control best practices-based CM systems (GIT), including branching and merging strategies
- Ability to automate release deployments across development, test, staging, Quality Assurance and production stacks using a combination of scripting languages and other automation toolkits
- Maintain / upgrade / patch tracking and documentation software (Confluence / Jira)
- Create, Assist, and/or Implement design and maintenance web service infrastructure and deployments
- Identify processes and capabilities that can be streamlined and automated
- Leverage programming Languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl, and Java (U) Proficient with DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering methodologies
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment by leveraging Configuration Management, containerization, serverless technologies, and Kubernetes
- Architect and develop best practices for software build tools (Gradle, Maven, ANT, Shell) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Bamboo), and infrastructure automation (Amazon Web Services, VMWare, Puppet, Chef, ansible, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher is required in either Engineering (i.e. Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, etc.) or Computer Science with a minimum of eight (8) years of related experience (excludes education experience such as Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field)
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Linux environments (RHEL 6/7/8, RHCSA/RHCE, CentOS)
- Must be fluent with Git
- 5+ years working in an Agile dev environment
- Experience integrating Jenkins/Bamboo, Docker, and Kubernetes for automated deployment preferred
- Experience with caching technologies (Memcache, Active MQ, Redis, APC, etc.)
- Experience with MySQL (Clusters, Replication, and Tuning) and Elasticsearch (Kibana a plus)
- Knowledge of security practices, networking protocols, firewalls, PCI compliance, etc.
- 5+ years of system architecture required with a demonstrated ability to read the code and understand the coding logic to assist in troubleshooting
- Experience with Windows system administration, system monitoring, instrumentation, resiliency and performance
- 5+ years’ experience managing/monitoring AWS cloud and virtualized servers for optimal
- performance while working in a Platform as a Service (PaaS) environment
- Familiarity with software development life cycle models, agile, and DevOps programming methodologies
- Fluent skills in object oriented programming and experience in at least one programming language, such as Ruby, C, C++, GO, Python, or Java
- Experience acquiring in-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk, and understand varied customer deployments
- Ability to successfully work with customers, developers, testing, project management, and support Staff
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communications
Specific Program Listings: http://careers.leidos.com/CSSRC
Please visit http://careers.leidos.com/CSS20k for details and a full list of eligible opportunities.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.