Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We are looking for a meticulous Administrator with excellent attention to detail to join the Security Service Centre in this new and exciting role. Security vetting experience isn't essential, however, an understanding of security clearances would be desirable as background screening and security clearances plays a big part in this role. This role is part-time (30 hours).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the security helpdesk inbox and phone as per the agreed rota to provide timely 1st line security support, escalating queries that require specialist security support to the Security Service Centre Lead
- Provide recruitment advice to Human Resources and hiring managers regarding security related issues such as clearance eligibility, immigration status and right to work legislation
- Validate approved identification and confirm immigration status
- Monitor employees’ Security and Immigration status, ensuring validity and facilitating renewals
- Process pre-employment screening checks ensuring that the requirements of the Cabinet Office Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) are met either as signatory or by collating the information and references and passing to a colleague for sign off
- Process employees, contractors and sub-contractors (where appropriate) for National Security Vetting either as the direct sponsor or the conduit between the business and the relevant sponsor
- Perform vetting after care responsibilities such as supporting the completion of Change of Personal Circumstance, Annual Security Appraisal Forms and Aftercare Incident Reports
- Implement visitor management processes for incoming and outgoing visits, including international visits
- Operate centralised security systems:
- Automated Access Control Systems (AACS)
- Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV)
- Process Security Aspects Letters
- Co-ordinate issuance of company badging
- Apply for and track Security passes for employees who require access to Customer and other 3rd party establishments
- Support the Security Induction Process and other security education and awareness initiatives
- Deliver travel briefs for international travellers
- Maintain records of and support staff Internal/Programme Security training requirements
- Process leavers from the business
- Maintain up to date and accurate records of all activities within the Leidos UK Security Vector Site to allow for efficient and effective operation of the Security Service Centre
- Provide physical security support as the Deputy Site Security Controller for Leidos’ Bristol office
- Assist other members of the Security team and local Security Points of Contact (SPOC) to maintain compliance with the Cabinet Office Security Policy Framework (SPF), ISO 27001 and any other contractual security obligations as directed
- Liaise with Leidos UK Security Interested Parties as appropriate in the course of role execution
- Conduct work in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:30
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.