Leidos has an opening for a Payroll Specialist to join our Corporate Payroll team. Our Corporate Payroll team handles complex union, federal contracting standards, expatriates, and other special pay situations for US based employees on missions around the world. In this role, you will provide support related to payroll processing, tax support, audit requests, status reporting, special projects, and other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Calculate, compile, and submit accurate information and adjustments into the payroll processing software for assigned employee groups.
- Calculate miscellaneous pay components in compliance with federal, state, and/or local policies and tax guidelines.
- Create, review, and audit manual checks.
- Prepare manual upload files used in the processing of payroll.
- Garnishment payroll entries and review
- Help to support employee receivables process
- Detect and resolve routine and complex payroll anomalies
- Prepare external reports to internal business partners and research GL matters
- Support help desk team by answering and resolving employee escalations
- Support team with special payroll projects, tax adjustments, and complex research matters.
- High school diploma/GED with minimum 3 years of payroll processing experience is required.
- Previous payroll experience should include processing multi-state payroll for 10,000 employees or more.
- Must have experience with payroll systems such as ADP, Deltek, Ultipro, etc. Preference will be given to those with Ultipro experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel required.
- Ability to work and manage payroll tasks independently and with high judgement using payroll background
- Work well under pressure.
- Deadline driven, organized, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize work independently.
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders.
- UltiPro Payroll, Costpoint Payroll, and Deltek T&E Systems highly desired
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Pay Range:Pay Range $38,350.00 - $59,000.00 - $79,650.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.