Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Technical & non-technical training opportunities
- Mentorship Program
In this role, you can also expect to gain
- NESC expertise
- Electrical Power Calculations
- Interactions with other disciplines(Substation, Protection & Controls, and Civil Structural)
- Time management and organizational skills
***Due to Covid restrictions, this role is remote, but will return to the office once the restrictions are lifted***
Leidos is seeking a CAD Drafter in our Chicago, IL office who will work as a member of a dynamic team within our Commercial Energy Solutions organization; specifically our Power Delivery division: an established group of electric utility engineering consultants that solve challenging substation engineering problems for our utility clients Nation-wide. The CAD Drafter will work under the mentorship of a seasoned CAD Drafter in a fast paced environment to perform various drafting and detailing functions using MicroStation and AutoCAD software for various utility clients. This individual is expected to develop skills in the field of substation drafting and the ability to work with increased independence. This is a temporary to permanent position.
In this role the qualified individual will be working closely with multiple design engineers and designers to complete Drafting and Detailing tasks at a high level of quality, efficiency and productivity as required for execution of substation projects. The main areas of expected work are described below:
• Protection & Control, SCADA, Communications (Single Line Diagrams, Schematics, SCADA and Communication drawings, Control Building Layouts and Elevations, Panel Front Views and Cabinet Layouts, Wiring Diagrams, Interconnection Drawings, AC/DC Station Service drawings and other miscellaneous drawings as required by project scope)
• Physical Electrical (General Arrangement, Electrical Plans, Electrical Elevations, Sections and Details, Foundation Plans and Details, Structural Details, Grounding Plan and Details, Raceway Plan and Details, Equipment Vendor Files and other drawings as required by project scope).
• Support remote office overflow CAD workload on a need and availability basis. This will require coordination with other CAD leads in Leidos offices.
Required Education & Experience:
• Associates degree with 1-3 years of relevant drafting and detailing experience with AutoCAD 2013 and/or MicroStation V7/V8/V8i. High School diploma with additional years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Knowledge of drafting principles, techniques and procedures.
• Proficiency with the manipulation of vector and raster drawing files in AutoCAD and Microstation.
• Ability to create and/or modify drawings from engineer-provided markups with a high level of attention to details.
• Proficiency with Windows XP/VISTA/7 operating system environments.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
• Experience with file sharing, document management and collaboration tools such as ProjectWise, FTP, SharePoint, etc.
• Strong professional verbal and written communication skills within a team environment.
• Highly organized and efficient.
• Ability to understand and implement a wide range of client CAD standards.
• Ability to perform tasks in a fast-paced engineering/production environment.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Drafting
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.