Leidos is seeking a part time Learning & Development Consultant to join the Learning & Development team. This position is a part-time role working closely with functional and line management to develop effective and engaging adult learning opportunities for employees.
The Learning & Development Consultant manages the implementation and operation of professional development training
programs, practices and procedures to include:
- Conducting a needs analysis, designing the program, reviewing course content, training materials and documentation and the development and implementation of the program
- Managing internal training programs to include acting as liaison to EBO team (HR & employee support) as needed to implement programs
- Working with internal clients and external vendors to create solutions that meet client needs. (timing, space, pricing, mode, etc.)
- Maintaining knowledge of and relationships with outside organizations that provide certification/training that benefit our workforce such as CompTIA, PMI, INCOSE etc.
- Provides oversight of tuition reimbursement policy, process, system and required reporting
- Enhancing communication and collaboration with clients by providing subject matter expertise as well as responses to employee questions on Intranet
- Work with Solution Center colleagues to leverage technologies that create impactful learning experiences for adult learners
- Bachelor's degree in related HR field and 6+ years related experience; 8+ years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Computer skills, including the Microsoft Office suite, SharePoint, and learning and content management systems
- A high level of self-initiative and enthusiasm, solutions oriented
- Ability to work in a virtual environment
- Demonstrated consulting skills partnering with Subject Matter Experts
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and strong team collaboration skills
- Communication skills in visual, oral, and written forms and the ability to clearly explain instructional options, recommendations, and the design rationale to decision-makers and subject matter experts
- Strong customer service skills
- Must have good analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Ability to operate independently and communicate effectively with technical staff, peers, and management
- Experience with Instructional Systems Design (ISD) a plus
- Analyzing learning objectives against program requirements and gathering data for various levels of evaluation and assessment
- Course design for online and blended-learning environments, incorporating technologies into the design and delivery of the courses
- Evaluating courses and analyzing the of evaluation data to review the courses and their impact on learning
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:20
Job Family:Talent Management
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,200.00 - $88,000.00 - $118,800.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.