Leidos is looking for a Systems Engineer to work as an integral member of a government/contractor team in support of our customer's operations organization. As a systems engineering team member, you will work on all aspects of systems hardware and software - from design and analysis to integration and testing. In this role, you will prepare acquisition documents, generate system concept of operations and requirements documents, critique contractor produced preliminary design and segment requirements, and participate in system testing and integration using model based systems engineering tools and techniques. Your work will encompass advanced systems, such as command and control elements and data processing systems.
- Bachelor's degree and approximately 8-12 years of experience.
- At least four (4) years of recent experience integrating systems processes and/or software development methodologies, planning, designing and analyzing functional system processes - either hardware or software-based systems.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance is required to be considered for this position. An active TS/SCI with polygraph is highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to devise solutions for complex problems that require in-depth analysis of tangible and intangible factors.
- Experience converting a system definition to a sufficiently detailed system design specification to support system development and deployment.
- Experience working as a member of a multidisciplinary project team that may include engineers, scientists, designers, and technicians
- Significant verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment; present and explain technical information to colleagues, management or sponsors.
- Master's degree in systems engineering or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience with the Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approach to systems engineering
- Subject matter expert knowledge of advanced system concepts related to aerospace and/or spacecraft engineering and demonstrated experience with the development of proposals to meet customer requirements
- Aerospace and/or spacecraft engineering experience with designing, assembling or testing applicable hardware
- Experience and a demonstrated record of success developing and implementing innovative solutions for a diverse range of highly complex multi-disciplinary problems and devising corrective actions where necessary.
- Proficient using systems engineering modeling tools (e.g. CORE, Cameo Systems Modeler, MagicDraw or MapleMBSE) to support system requirements, design, analysis, verification & validation, and continuing throughout development and later life-cycle phases.
- International Council of Systems Engineers (INCOSE) Certified Systems Engineering Professional
- Experience developing system engineering processes for phases of the system development lifecycle, including transition
- Experience developing and publishing system architecture documents, project plans, test plans, test results, and transition plans
- Experience working with both users and developers to properly capture and translate system use cases to technical requirements
- Experience supporting operations
- Experience investigating and documenting existing system architectures
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.