No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including: (
- Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Technical & Non-Technical Training Opportunities
- Leadership Opportunities
- Mentorship & Training Opportunities
- Opportunity to Lead, Grow, and Inspire a Dynamic Team
In this role, you can also expect to gain:
- NESC expertise
- Interface with local clients
- Electrical Power Calculations
- Interactions with other disciplines(Substation, Protection & Controls, and Civil Structural)
- Strategic Development
- Expanding a Portfolio of Business
- Partnering with a Variety of Utility Clients Nationwide
Associate Relay Settings Engineer
We are seeking an Entry level Associate Relay Settings Engineer (Emphasis on Relay settings/Integration and Automation) who will work as a member of a dynamic team within our Commercial Energy Operation, working in a fast paced environment, and solving challenging substation engineering problems. In the project engineering role the qualified individual will require a combination of strong engineering and interpersonal skills and high attention to detail with a passion for quality. The position will include reporting to project managers and directing design engineers and CADD/designer staff and performing design quality reviews. Additionally, the candidate may be responsible for interfacing directly with clients and other staff in remote office locations. Assignments cover the full range of project planning through design and construction support. Design work may range from Protection and Control schemes at 12.5kV through 500kV to Smart Grid and substation communications projects.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in electrical engineering ( emphasis on Power system or Communication engineering)
- The preferred candidate would have a Minimum of 6 month to 1 years co-op" and "internship relevant experience in high voltage electrical utility substation protection and control engineering and experience with:
- One and three-line diagrams
- Experience with communication devices HMI, SCADA and RTU is a big plus
- Control and protection schemes including the preparation of schematics and wiring diagram.
- Experienced with calculation of relay settings for microprocessor relays including SEL, Alstom, GE, ABB and others.
- Some past experience of using ASPEN and CAPE for coordination studies and fault study analysis is a plus
· Previous Quality Assurance/Quality Control experience is a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure situations
- Team player who can work effectively in team environment;
- Self-starter who work independently with minimal direction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required when interfacing with clients and staff
- High level of computer competency
· Experience with AutoCAD or Microstation is a plus
· Periodic travel may be required
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.