The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation (CSS), in the Leidos Intelligence Group, has an opportunity for a Full Stack Software Developer in Columbia, MD. The selected candidate will support research and development relating to offensive and defensive cyber operations. The research and development will support Leidos programs and new business areas in the Defense, Intelligence, and Civil markets.
The Full Stack Developer/Engineer will play a key role in the CSS team with a primary focus on shared project software development. He/She will work closely with the Technical Product Manager and Solution Architect of the assigned projects and assist in development of enterprise level cloud applications and services using advanced and modern technologies and open source tools using agile methodology (Scrum, SecDevOps, SAFe) including backlog structure, management, governance/change control, and other key processes.
• Must have the ability to take a concept, derive technical requirements and be able to design and build complete end to end solution in a fast paced agile environment.
• Conduct engineering system development tasks including system requirements analysis, system architecture and design, preliminary design, critical design, system integration, formal verification, and formal validation.
• Produce technical documentation in support of engineering solutions that include, but are not limited to, architectural drawings, detailed design specifications, and thorough implementation instructions.
• Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
• Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
• Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree required with 8+ years of relevant experience or Master's degree and 6+ relevant experience.
• Demonstrated expertise in software development, including requirements analysis and system architecture design
• Strong verbal and written technical communication skills
• Ability to liaise with government, vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
• Experience with modern development software, tools, and methodologies inclusive of; Jenkins, GitLab, Jira
• Experience with containerization using: Docker
Ability to obtain and maintain an active Top Secret/SCI Polygraph. Candidates with an existing clearance and requisite skills will be given preference.
• Demonstrated experience with server virtualization technologies such as VMware, Citrix, or Hyper-V
• Hands-on experience with Apache Guacamole
• Vendor Certification: AWS Solutions Architect Associate
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.