The National Solutions Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Systems Engineer to support a client’s requirements in a challenging, dynamic setting located in Aurora, CO. We seek an individual with an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance to provide technical leadership and insight into the identification and implementation of performance improvement initiatives.
The Systems Engineer reports to the Program Manager and works in a collaborative environment with teammates, to include the government customer, to ensure exceptional performance with a focus on service delivery improvements across the Customer’s mission IT ecosphere. The successful candidate will support the Program Manager in the coordination/execution of all activities related to the task scope. The successful candidate will provide leadership to focus on the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools to be utilized throughout the program/service life cycle and institutionalize a common process methodology for project, product, and service delivery and operations.
- Act as the Systems Engineer for the program and interface with the PM to make recommendations and develop strategies.
- Conduct IT Service Management performance assessments.
- Prepare and deliver assessment briefs to corporate and customer senior management.
- Collaborate with systems engineering staff to identify performance improvement opportunities.
- Develop metrics management strategies to ensure the most effective approaches are considered and implemented.
- Work to achieve key project/program objectives and deliverables.
- Responsible for projects and processes spanning multiple technical areas.
- Develops solutions to complex technical systems issues and problems that impact multiple areas or disciplines.
- Track Performance Requirement Standards compliance by analyzing tickets, identifying trends, recommending and implementing improvements.
- Collaborate with teams to analyze metrics and develop corrective actions.
- Configuration Management of program equipment list; monitor data integrity, manage data cleaning/quality control, perform data validation and integrity checks.
- Document processes, SOPs, workflows, playbooks as required.
- Identify opportunities for Continuous Improvement to service delivery processes and workflows.
- Create compliant CDRLs and Government deliverables: Metrics, compliance, asset reports.
- Provide senior engineering technical support to special projects.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of relevant experience or Masters with 6 + years of prior experience
- TS/SCI with Polygraph is required
- Experience with Service Level Management
- ITIL Foundations certified
- ITSM, Six Sigma and continuous service improvement initiatives.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project)
- Excellent communication skills and people skills with both technical and non-technical people are essential to the success of this position
- In depth knowledge of all Systems Engineering activities including development of strategies and plans, defect reporting and management, creation of various test and execution matrix, risk analysis and status reporting
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Proficient in agile concepts and principles
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology
- IC customer experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.