Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Leidos is currently seeking a Systems Administrator who will work independently with minimal supervision providing systems administration for the Infrastructure and Deactivation & Remediation contractors at the Portsmouth site as well as the DOE site office.
- Provide primary support and management of the IT server infrastructure and hosted systems, focusing on areas like Active Directory, permissions, storage, etc.
- Support first-tier technical staff with the resolution of more complex issues related to software tools, applications, databases, and system access.
- Analyze and resolve hardware and software problems for end users, with primary emphasis on server-related issues.
- Provide troubleshooting support for IT staff.
- Recommend hardware and software solutions to meet end user and IT needs.
- Support Cyber Security compliance and audit preparation in coordination with the Cyber Security Team.
- Consults with internal departments to identify customer needs and include into both operational and project objectives.
- Remain conversant with the industry’s computer security technology and practices with technical skills and applicable experience with related technologies.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance at a Q level.
- Typically requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 2 years prior relevant experience.
- Ability to collaborate with technical staff and customers in forming strategies to improve performance.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with competing priorities.
- Technical skills and applicable experience with related technologies such as: Microsoft Windows and Server Operating Systems (up to 2016); Microsoft SQL server (up to 2012); VMWare View, vCenter 6.5, vSphere 6.5; Microsoft SCCM, System Center Suite and Patch Management, Exchange, Active Directory; SAN Infrastructure; Symantec/Veeam backup & replication; Disaster recovery/contingency planning; Monitoring Solutions; DFS Namespace and Replication, DNS, DHCP; Microsoft Certificate Authority, SSL certificates, KMS licensing.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- DOE site experience strongly preferred
- Active TOP SECRET clearance
- Related industry-recognized certifications MCP, MCSE, and/or VMware VCP preferred.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:DOE Q
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Library Info Tech Systems Admin
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.