Leidos has an opening for Senior FP&A Analyst to support our Defense Group. This is a key role in the Finance organization responsible for supporting group-wide financial analysis and reporting. In this role, you will support the financial forecasting of cash/working capital and backlog for the group on a recurring basis, including monthly actual analysis, fiscal year projections, and the yearly AOP and multi-year strategic plan. This role reports directly to the Defense Group Director of FP&A.
- Provide support and expertise to the Defense Group’s financial planning and analysis teams.
- Collaborate with management Group-wide to create forward looking financial projections for cash and backlog and provide accompanying analysis.
- Provide recommendations and execute plans to improve financial processes and improve Group business process capabilities
- Track performance against key AOP metrics such Bookings, Cash, DWC and DSO.
- Perform data reconciliation and consolidation, as well as variance analysis.
- Perform multiple financial cost analysis functions, including cost allocation, setting up cost control systems, collecting data, controlling costs and preparing reports that maintain the company's cost accounting system.
- Collaborate with Business Development to understand and forecast pipeline, book to bill and backlog metrics
- Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Support key weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting deliverables that track and communicate the performance of the business’s key metrics.
- Support the consolidated planning of Cash and Balance Sheet accounts.
- Provide support to the organization in all audits, reviews, data requests, etc. during the current quarter and fiscal year.
- Directly interface with various functions within the Defense Group and serves as a resource to various stakeholders.
- Support long-term strategic planning, including process development, presentation creation, and partnering between finance and strategy.
- Ad-hoc business performance reporting.
- Identify and communicate areas of concern to both operational and financial leadership when identified in a timely manner. • Support the Defense leadership team with data-driven analysis.
- This position is based out of Reston, Virginia.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience in financial planning and analysis.
- Proficient with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Expertise in quantitative analysis and presentations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with Group leadership regarding matters of significant importance to the organization.
- Familiarity with the Hyperion Financial Reporting tool.
- Candidate must possess excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with internal customers.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Financial Planning and Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.