Leidos is pleased to offer a field support position for the legacy Space Based infrared System (SBIRS). This position will support SMC/ECPR in maintaining the Mobile Ground terminals and the associated field deployable vehicles. The technologies you will be working with is TTL logic, Cryptological processing, ground to satellite communications, data processing and distribution. You will also work the shelter which includes Fiber Optics, HVAC, power generation and structural integrity. With the team, you will address obsolesce issues and provides level two (depot) support to assist the Space Force Maintainers in returning equipment to operational status.
Provide urgent and emergency level maintenance on a fleet of 30 mission and support vehicles.
Conduct trouble shooting procedures to return equipment to operational status. Provide systems engineering, integrated product support to ECPR.
Work with the team to provide alternate solutions to address equipment obsolescence or system design improvements. Including the following:
- ARC-210 long range radio crypto upgrade, required installation of a Kiv-7 device to replace a KG-84, work included system design, integration, test and validation (involved 5 external agencies)
- Trenton rugged computer server assessment, obsolescence issue, develop a life extension program, find a suitable substitute, identify likely failure modes, conduct reliability analysis to determine end of life (3 external agencies)
- Break out and develop a master equipment interconnect schematic. Capture existing interconnects for satellite communication equipment (receivers, downconverters, amplifiers, encryption, data processing and message transmitting)
- Structural High Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse assessment, using thermography, and RF testing, identify weak spots in shield effectiveness and recommend corrective actions to meet requirements (3 external agencies)
- Isochronous Load Share equipment and power generations, designed validated and delivered procedures to us the equipment to provide adequate power distribution across the mission equipment (2 external agencies)
Support the development of Technical Orders, training procedures, installation plans and drawing redline changes.
Some in-state travel (25% or less) is required. 1-2 days a month (day trips not overnight) and 1 week per quarter (overnight).
Bachelors’ Degree in relevant area (engineering, electrical, communications) and 2 years of experience. Additional 4+ years of experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
Must have an active Secret, and be willing to be upgraded to a Top Secret clearance.
Must be able to move equipment (25 to 35 pounds) into five-foot-high equipment racks.
Experience in maintaining a field mobile system, to include HVAC, power distribution, fiber optic maintenance and communications support is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.