Leidos is a Top 10 Health IT provider drawing on decades of success in delivering solutions to meet the healthcare challenges of today. Our unique position as a technology company with deep health and life sciences expertise equips us to transform patient care, as well as provider and payer operations in commercial and government health organizations. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We’re looking for talented people to join our team and help us revolutionize the future of health.
The Leidos Health Group has an opening for a Senior Project Scheduler in the Military and Veteran’s Health Operation for a large construction-type program. The program supports the Department of Veterans Affairs mission to take care of those who served.
This position requires deep understanding of scheduling practices to include Basis of Estimates (BOE) and baseline schedules, integrated Master Plans and Work breakdown structures. Daily activities include being imbedded on project teams, soliciting input from the technical team to ensure all dependencies (internal and external) are documented and tracked. In addition, the successful candidate will actively support baseline reviews, interface with other internal teams to develop and prepare resource assignments, identify and document schedule and risk, manage the integrity of the baseline data, and provide inputs in support of the business rhythms. The candidate must be able to communicate the impact of schedule status and baseline changes to a senior level audience. Must be a team player and able to communicate effectively
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business discipline as well as 8-12 years of experience or Masters with 6-10 years relevant experience.
- Have at least 5+ years general experience as a Scheduler or EV analyst on large program with numerous dependencies to track
- Experience using Microsoft Project Server or Microsoft Project
- Experience developing Excel pivot tables, string formulas, and understand Project VBA and SQL scripts to automate tasks
- Develop resource loaded and level project schedules using the performance work statement (PWS), technical proposal, WBS, and oral directions from senior project managers and technical leads.
- Ensure internal and external dependencies are documented and tracked for risk management
- Ability to collaborate with project control and finance analysts to produce revenue forecasts
- Experience with running schedule health checks using Steelray or forProjects project analyzer software
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Sharepoint
- Experience with monthly schedule status processes
- Experience with Schedule Critical Path Method (CPM)
- Working knowledge of Schedule Risk Assessment (SRA)
- Must be capable of working proficiently within a team and collaborate with senior managers
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principals
- Experience with Estimate to Complete (ETC) and Estimate at Complete (EAC) processes
- Experience with supporting Control Account Managers in an Earned Value Management Systems environment
- Certification in AACE International’s Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP) or PMI’s Project Scheduling Professional Certification (PMI – SP)
- Experience with Financial and Business Analytics systems such as Deltek/CostPoint, Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI), and Microsoft Power BI
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Government contracting experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Project Analysis
Pay Range:Pay Range $68,900.00 - $106,000.00 - $143,100.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.